Related reading: CTV and gaming platform overview
About PlayStation attribution
The PlayStation OS for gaming and CTV apps runs across all PlayStations.
Apps running on PlayStation can integrate with AppsFlyer via API to receive attribution data and performance measurements about which sources (organic) and campaigns drive app open and in-app events. Marketers rely on these insights to measure and optimize marketing activities.
The PlayStation API integration supports:
- Attribution and event recording for PlayStation apps. Meaning, attribution and recording on a user's PlayStation device.
The following table lists the tasks required to integrate your PlayStation app with AppsFlyer. To record your progress, download this spreadsheet.
API integration with your app
Integrate the AppsFlyer PlayStation API into your app with commands to report the following events to AppsFlyer.
To report owned media engagements, integrate the impression engagement API.
|Reports setup||Set up Data Locker to receive user-level raw data reports.||Data engineer|
Integrate the AppsFlyer PlayStation API into your app
The developer must:
- Integrate the API. This enables the app to report first opens, in-app events, and sessions.
- First opens must be reported before in-app events and sessions.
- For the
device_ids parameter, select the type
- Send events using the API. Tell your developer which events to send.
- To report owned media engagements, integrate the impression engagement API.
The Overview dashboard gives advertisers a real-time window into the lifetime value (LTV) performance of organic users, based on subscription, in-app purchases, and ad monetization. LTV metrics are calculated from the attribution date until the present.
To open the dashboard:
- In AppsFlyer, select your CTV app and go to Dashboards > Overview.
The dashboard opens, with the settings and filters, headline metrics, charts, and table, relevant for CTV.
Tip! Familiarize and experiment with the dashboard and use our Overview dashboard V2 article as a reference guide.
PlayStation raw data reports, as seen in the list that follows, are available via Data Locker (Premium feature; requires subscription). Click on a report type to view a sample.
The list of fields available in reports is in the raw data field dictionary.
Traits and limitations
Must contact CSM
Not supported. App can't be transferred to another AppsFlyer account.
Access to data can't be restricted.