AppsFlyer's retargeting attribution for Twitter enables advertisers to attribute additional engagement of a user with an ad on Twitter, and measure the quality of the user after the engagement, using AppsFlyer reports.
For retargeting campaigns on Twitter, AppsFlyer supports Re-engagement measurement only. That is an engagement with a retargeting campaign by a user who already has the app installed at the time of engagement.
Currently, re-attribution measurement is not supported by Twitter.
Enabling Twitter re-engagement attribution on the dashboard
To enable re-engagement attribution for Twitter, follow these steps:
- Ensure Retargeting is enabled for the app on the App Settings page. For details, click here.
- Go to Integrated Partners enter Twitter and from the Twitter Integration window, enable Re-engagement attribution.
- Configure click-through lookback window.
- If needed, activate Re-engagement view-through attribution and configure the Re-engagement view-through lookback window.
- Configure the re-engagement window (the period when the user's in-app events are attributed to the retargeting media source).
Read more about Twitter re-engagement configuration.
Viewing the reports
Once Twitter Retargeting Attribution is enabled on your AppsFlyer account, you can view your retargeting campaigns in the dashboard by clicking Retargeting on the side tool bar.
All available information in the dashboard now displays the retargeting campaigns and the downstream in-app events reported after the engagement with the retargeting campaign.