If you are unable to use the Android Integration Test App, you can generate a Non-Organic Install manually to test your SDK Integration.
You can test your app’s attribution with either DEVICE ID MATCHING or with REFERRER MATCHING. Both are covered in this article.
1. Integrate AppsFlyer’s Android SDK into your app. Read this article for more information.
2. Whitelist your test device in AppsFlyer’s dashboard Whitelisting enables you to generate attribution (Organic / Non-Organic install) with your device, on each and every install. Read this article for more information.
Keep your device’s Google Advertising ID for later. This ID can be collected from the Integration Test App:
3. Generate a tracking link. Tracking links can be used for two types of attribution:
3.1. Referrer Matching (Published apps):
3.2. Device ID Matching (Unpublished / Pending approval apps):
Use the previous tracking link structure, and add &advertising_id=YOUR_GOOGLE_ADVERTISING_ID to it (replace your Google ID with the value collected during the whitelisting process).
3.3. order to use the Tracking Link Wizard:
Go to your dashboard’s Integrated Partners tab -
On the top right corner, go to Custom Tracking Link:
Create a Custom Tracking Link
4. Send the tracking link to your device (via Email, for example) and open it in a browser.
If your app is published in the Google Play Store, it opens the store page. If it is not yet published, the following message is displayed.
*Make sure that your app is NOT installed on the device when opening the URL!
5. Install and launch your app.
6. Check your dashboard for a Non-Organic Install (this may take a few minutes) -
If you cannot see a Non-Organic Install, make sure that your Integration is correct (SDK Integration Guide).