At a glance: Attribute installs coming from non-mobile Meta ads campaigns.
Attributing mobile app installs
Advertisers create ads on Meta ads to serve different objectives, including brand awareness, website conversions, and more. However, the influence of seeing or clicking these ads may indirectly lead to a mobile app install.
AppsFlyer can attribute mobile app installs back to any type of ad on Meta ads, helping advertisers understand the full impact of their marketing efforts.
Note: Clicks that display in the dashboard for non-mobile app ads could refer to any of the following; likes, comments, shares, video plays or link clicks.
To attribute mobile app installs to any ad type:
- Go to your Meta advertiser account and select Ads Manager, or follow this link: https://business.facebook.com/adsmanager/
- Click Create Campaign
- Select an objective other than default objectives for mobile apps, such as:
- App Installs
- Traffic or Conversions (used for App Engagement campaigns)
- Continue to set up an Ad Set and Advert as usual.
- On the Adverts tab make sure to associate your app under Mobile App Events Recording.
Once this has been configured, you can see mobile app installs resulting from these ads on both the Meta ads and AppsFlyer dashboards in real time.