AppsFlyer performs install validation by utilizing Apple's install validation service for any iOS install (both organic and non-organic) to prevent attribution of fraudulent activities.
How does it work?
- AppsFlyer's SDK gathers the Apple install receipt data and sends it with the launch message to the AppsFlyer servers.
- The AppsFlyer servers validate this receipt data via Apple's install validation service.
- If Apple's install validation service responds with error codes indicating that the install is invalid:
- The install is rejected and does not appear in our dashboard
- The ad network does not receive a postback or API call for the invalidated install
- The install and all the corresponding in-app events are logged in the Protect360 Raw Data Reports: Rejected installs and Rejected in-app events.
- The AppsFlyer iOS SDK version must be 184.108.40.206 and above
- iOS devices with iOS version 7.0 and above are supported for Install validation.
- There are cases where Apple does not provide install receipt data and as such, AppsFlyer considers this a valid install in terms of app store install validation. However, Protect360 can block this install due to other fraud reasons.