Validation Rules allow advertisers to define a set of rules that validate installs.
Validation Rules has two ruleset types:
- A set of rules that allow you to enforce your targeting such as targeted Geo and Device Type.
- A set of rules that allow you to customize the Protect360 KPIs such as CTIT (Click To Install Time).
Integrated partners can receive the following tools to monitor validation rules impacting their traffic:
- All validation rules affecting their campaigns in the dashboard
- Rejected Install Raw Data Reporting
- Rejected Install Postbacks
Networks are able to see all validation rules affecting their campaigns, by following the steps below.
1. From the left navigation bar, select Validation Rules to open the Validation Rules window
If no validation rules have been defined, the following screen is displayed.
If validation rules have been defined, the following window is displayed:
|Ruleset Owner||The name of the ruleset owner with a link to the ruleset configuration page. The owner can be either the app owner or one of the agencies that worked on the app on behalf of the advertiser. The ID is a self-generated Ruleset ID that appears in rule Validation Raw Data Reports/Blocked Install Fraud Reports and the invalid install postbacks.|
|Ruleset Type||The ruleset type configured, either Targeting or Protect360.|
|Media Source*||Shows the appropriate media source|
|Campaigns*||Shows the campaigns to which the ruleset is applied.|
|Last Updated*||Shows the date on which the ruleset was last updated|
* Visible when the option is expanded by clicking the arrow.
2. Click on the link of the Ruleset Owner to view the validation rule that has been defined:
The Applied To field, displays the media source and campaign that the ruleset applies to.
The Validation Rule Settings section, displays the installs that meet the criteria to be attributed to the media source.
For Targeting Ruleset Type
In the Targeting Validation Rule Settings section, you can see:
- Device Type
- Geo (country and city)
- OS Version
Possible operators to be selected are:
For Protect360 Ruleset Type
Rules in Protect360 Ruleset consist of the following:
- The parameter CTIT (click to install time)
- The operator - always Less Than
- The time range - between 1 and 60 seconds
- The country or country where you want to apply this rule
Targeting Validation Rules: Export Data
The following Raw Data reports can be downloaded directly from the Export Data page:
- Invalid Installations
- Invalid Installations Postbacks
The Rejected Reason Value includes the Ruleset ID that caused the rejection.
Protect360 Validation Rules: Export Data
The blocked installs as a result of Protect360 Validation Rules can be retrieved from the Blocked Fraud Reports, directly from the Export Data page.
Validation Rules: Rejected Installation Postbacks
A network can integrate with AppsFlyer and receive rejected install postbacks in real-time each time an install that should have been attributed to them, is rejected due to validation rules.
Contact your Partner Development representative for further details.