At a glance: Baidu Native Ads, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, is the dominant search engine in China with over 70% market share.
Setting up Baidu Native Ads
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter baidufeedads_int in the search field and click on its logo to open the Baidu Native Ads configuration window.
The Baidu Native Ads configuration window includes 2 active tabs: Integration and Attribution link. Click on the following items to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners.
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional.
By default, Baidu receives postbacks for all new install events attributed to Baidu.
You can also enable view-through attribution with Baidu in the integration tab.
On the first visit, you must toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable the setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Baidu Native Ads.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Baidu Native Ads campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Baidu Native Ads.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window can be attributed to Baidu Native Ads.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Baidu Native Ads to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to the partner, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to the partner to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Cost integration is not available for this partner.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue integration is not available for this partner.
Permissions tab is not available for this partner.
Create conversion at Baidu native ads
1. Log in to Baidu Native Ads (www2.baidu.com) > Enter News Feed Page.
2. Select CPC Bidding Ads:
3. Go to Tools Center >> Click Conversion Tools >> Create New App Conversion.
4. Customize Conversion Name >> Choose OS >> Enter download page >> Enter AppsFlyer attribution link >> Submit.
1. Download Baidu Promotion App on your mobile phone and use the scan feature to scan the two-dimension code at left.
2. Install the App and click the next step.
3. Finish the conversion test.
Create your Baidu Native Ads campaigns
1. Create your Ad campaigns with the conversion as optimization target: