Baidu Native Ads, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is the dominant search engine in China with over 70% market share.
To configure your campaigns with Baidu Native Ads, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Baidu Native Ads
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Baidu Native Ads" in the search field and click on its logo to open Baidu Native Ads's configuration window.
Baidu Native Ads's configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Data enrichment and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
Baidu Native Ads integration doesn't support Data Enrichment or Permissions.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
Tracking Link Tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Tracking Link Parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the tracking link.
Adding parameters to the tracking link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the tracking link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Baidu Native Ads.
Tracking link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Baidu Native Ads campaigns.
Tracking link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Baidu Native Ads.
Tracking link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Tracking link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Tracking link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the tracking link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Tracking Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Baidu Native Ads.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click Tracking Link
This is the tracking link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Baidu Native Ads to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
Create Conversion at Baidu Native Ads
1. Login to Baidu Native Ads (www2.baidu.com) > Enter News Feed Page
2. Select CPC Bidding Ads:
3. Go to Tools Center >> Click Conversion Tools >> Create New App Conversion
4. Customize Conversion Name >> Choose OS >> Enter download page >> Enter AppsFlyer Tracking Link >> Submit
1. Download Baidu Promotion App on your mobile phone and use the scan feature to scan the two-dimension code at left.
2. Install the App and click next step.
3. Finish the conversion test.
Create your Baidu Native Ad Campaigns
1. Create your Ad campaigns with the conversion as optimization target: