- Advertisers using the old AdWords API, refer to the documentation here.
- Advertisers using the new AdWords, follow the guidelines below:
Re-targeting (or Re-engagement) campaigns are campaigns targeting existing users of your app.
When a user clicks a re-targeting campaign it launches the app directly using the deeplink pre-configured in the app.
Your app must support deeplinks for you to run this type of campaign. Click here for more information./p>
Enabling Re-Targeting - AppsFlyer
To enable a Re-Targeting (Re-Engagement) campaign on Google AdWords follow these steps:
- Make sure your app supports deeplinks.
- Enable re-targeting campaigns for your app under app settings
- Toggle on the Google AdWords re-targeting toggle and click Save & Close
- Set your re-targeting campaign in the AdWords dashboard. Click here for more info.
- At this point re-targeting (re-engagement) campaigns are only available on the old Google AdWords UI (Non-UAC Campaigns).
- This does not support OneLink.
- There is no need to add any additional parameter to the deeplink as in the past.
- Re-attribution (Re-install) tracking is not supported, only re-engagement.
- For information about Dynamic Re-marketing for apps, click here
Enabling Re-Targeting - Google AdWords
Currently, there are no re-engagement campaigns in Google AdWords new UI. To create re-engagement campaigns, you must swtich back to the old UI.
- On the Campaigns tab, click + Campaign >> Display Network only. This also applies to Search campaigns.
- Select Engage with your Mobile App.
- Add all the required values at the campaign and ad level