At a glance: Registering devices lets you use the same device multiple times for install attribution testing. This article describes how to manage the registered-device list by adding and deleting devices.
Registering devices for attribution testing
When performing attribution tests, the re-attribution window limits install attributions to one per 90-day window. So, if you repeatedly use the same device to test install attributions, nothing is recorded. Overcome this by registering test devices.
- Registered test devices are,
- Not impacted by the re-attribution window.
- Available to all apps housed in the account.
- Ad networks need to ask an advertiser to add devices; agencies can add their own devices
- A maximum of 40 devices can be registered per account
- Only the admin can delete devices
Managing the registered-device list
Manage the list of registered devices by adding and deleting devices. There are two ways to add devices to the list.
Add a device using the AppsFlyer device ID app (admin only)
To download the AppsFlyer device ID app:
- Download and install the app using the QR code (Google Play store) or one of the provided links.
On the Android/iOS/Windows screen, tap Register to register a device.
- Enter your AppsFlyer login credentials. The device is now registered.
- Tap Share details to share Device ID information using the system share dialogue.
Add a device manually via the user interface
Team members can manually add a device identifier to the list of test devices.
To add a device to the list:
- In AppsFlyer, click your email address dropdown.
- Select Test devices.
- Click Add device.
- Complete as necessary:
- OS: Select an operating system.
- Name (only use English letters): Enter an identifying name for the device.
- Identifier: Provide a device identifier according to the operating system (OS):
Get identifiers by dialing the codes into a device or using the link:
- [Mandatory] GAID or OAID
- Get GAID
- [Optional] IMEI
- [Optional] Android ID
- *#*#8255#*#* (may not work on newer devices)
- Windows Ad ID
- Get the Windows advertising ID
- Click Save.
The device displays in the list of registered devices.
Delete a registered device
The account admin can delete test devices.
To delete a device from the list:
- In AppsFlyer, click your email address drop-down.
- Select Test devices.
- Click the delete icon to remove devices.