AppsFlyer provides advertisers the option to whitelist devices for testing purposes. This allows you to test that installs are recorded. The reason for whitelisting a device is due to the 90-day re-attribution policy.
By default, an install is ignored if we see a previous install on the same device wtihin the last 90 days. The only exception is if the device is on the whitelist, in which case all installs from this device are considered "new installs".
AppsFlyer Device ID - Whitelisting a Test Device
With AppsFlyer Device ID app you can easily view your Device ID and directly whitelist your device as a test device in your AppsFlyer account. In addition, the app allows you to share this information easily.
Only the app owner (Advertiser) can login and use this app to Whitelist a device.
1. Download the app:
2. After Downloading the app, a screen is displayed according to the Operating System you are using:
3. Click Whitelist.
You are prompted to enter your AppsFlyer login details after which the device is whitelisted as a test device in your AppsFlyer account.
4. Click Share to share the Device ID information using the system share dialogue.
Alternatively, it is possible to whitelist a test device through the AppsFlyer Dashboard.
Adding a Device to the Whitelist from the AppsFlyer Dashboard
2. From the user's drop-down menu click Test Devices to open the Test Devices window:
4. Choose the device's operating system
5. Enter the Device Name and ID (for iOS: IDFA. For Android: AID, Android ID, IMEI). For more information on this, click here.
When whitelisting an iOS test device, enter the letters in the IDFA in uppercase and with hyphens(-)
- Finding your IDFA
- AppsFlyer Device ID App can be downloaded here
You can also use the method below:
- Finding Your IMEI
- Open your dialer and enter *#06#* using the keypad
- Finding Your Android ID
- Open your dialer and enter *#*#8255#*#* using the keypad
- Google Advertising ID
6. Click Save only when you have completed these fields. A green Added confirmation pop-up appears in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. As soon as the device is added, it appears in the devices list until you delete it.
After the device is added to the whitelist and you generate a click and launch a newly installed app on the test device, you can see a new click and non-organic install on your dashboard.
You can whitelist up to 40 devices per account.