Whitelist devices to test SDK integration and interoperation between the app and AppsFlyer
Devices can be whitelisted for testing purposes enabling you to test that app installs are recorded in AppsFlyer. The reason whitelisting is needed is due to the AppsFlyer 90-day re-attribution policy. This means that AppsFlyer after recording the first app install ignores all additional installs for 90 days. During testing, you will use the same devices frequently and repeatedly. By whitelisting the device, all installs originating from the device are recognized. The installs will display inAppsFlyer.
Use one of the following methods to whitelist devices:
Using the AppsFlyer whitelisting app
Only the app owner (Advertiser) can use this method to whitelist devices
Using AppsFlyer device ID app, you can view the device ID and add the device to your AppsFlyer account whitelist. Devices in the whitelist are used for testing purposes. Note: The same whitelist is used by all apps in your account. The app allows you to share the device ID information.
- Download the app.
- After downloading the app, a screen displays.
- Tap Whitelist (for Android, tap Whitelist Device and then tap Whitelist in the next screen).
When prompted, enter your AppsFlyer login credentials.
The device is whitelisted as a test device in your AppsFlyer account.
- Tap Share to share the Device ID information using the system share dialogue.
Adding a device to the test device list in AppsFlyer
Note: Any team member can use this method to whitelist devices.
- In AppsFlyer, click your user name.
- Select Test Devices.
The test devices page opens.
- Click Add device.
A new row is displayed.
- Select the OS.
- Fill in a Name to identify the device. The name must be in English. Non-English characters prevent the device from being registered as a test device.
- Fill in a device identifier according to the operating system:
Download the AppsFlyer Device ID App, here.
You can also use the method below:
- Finding Your IMEI
- Open your dialer and enter *#06#* using the keypad
- Finding Your Android ID
- Open your dialer and enter *#*#8255#*#* using the keypad
- Google Advertising ID
- Finding your IDFA
- AppsFlyer Device ID App can be downloaded here
- Click Save.
The device is added to the list of whitelisted devices.
- Note: Only team members with admin rights can delete test devices.
- Up to 40 devices can be whitelisted per account