At a glance: TV ads are attributed by associating organic installs taking place in a geo at a specific time.
Attributing TV ad campaigns
- Advertisers running install ads on TV can define the timeframe (in minutes) they want organic installs from a specific GEO or city (optional) to be attributed to a TV ad.
- Installs are attributed to the TV media source with the associated campaign details populated by TV channel, and TV show name.
- Post-install analytics are available in the same manner as for other media sources.
- Avoid setting the same time slot for two separate campaigns of the same app.
Attributed installs populate attribution fields as listed in the following table.
|Attribution field||API name||Populate with|
|Media source||media_source||TV (always)|
|Site ID||af_siteid||TV channel name. Example: ESPN|
|Sub Param 1||af_sub1||TV show name. Example: SportsCenter HD|
Check out our comprehensive guide on OTT television to learn about advanced TV terminology, buying methods, content formats, how OTT attribution works
Setting up a TV campaign
- AppsFlyer supports bulk upload of media plans using the TV attribution upload file having a CSV format according to the schema that follows.
- To upload the file please contact your customer success manager.
TV schedule schema
- File schema for TV schedule uploads.
- Optional columns must be sent, the fields should be left empty.
Especially useful if you have several ad formats and wish to A/B test them.
|10 sec teaser, full 30 sec|
|TV channel name||No||CWTV|
|TV show name||No||Arrow|
|Country code||Yes||2 letter country code. List of country codes.||US, CN|
List of supported cities. If the city name is not in the CSV file but appears in attribution data you can use it.
An ad on TV (or radio) can be Shazamed with the app, and the user who Shazams it is redirected to the market as if clicking on a specific URL. This URL may contain parameters to identify the specific ad, which can be reached via the conversion data.