What is it?
Twitter's Mobile App Promotion is a great way to represent mobile applications on Twitter and to drive installs. it enables Twitter advertisers to effectively promote their mobile apps with a great App card design driving installs, app engagement and deeplinking. For marketers, this means a rich, native ad unit combining the best of Twitter Cards and Promoted Tweets. Users can easily install and engage with apps directly from the Twitter timeline.
For details of how to configure a Twitter Re-Targeting Campaign, click here.
How Does it Work?
To start your Twitter Mobile App Promotion Tracking with AppsFlyer, follow these steps:
Login to your Twitter Ad Account on ads.twitter.com
- Click Tools >> Conversion Tracking at the top of the page:
Click Mobile App Events and then click Manage Mobile Measurement Partner on the top right:
- Click Manage AppsFlyer from the Manage Mobile Measurement Partner page:
- A notification appears to inform you that you are about to leave Twitter Ads to go to the AppsFlyer website, click Go to AppsFlyer and login to your Dashboard:
Ensure you have the AppsFlyer SDK integrated in your app.
- Click Media Source Configuration on the left navigation bar and then select Twitter. The following screen appears:
- Accept the Twitter Terms and Conditions for Mobile App Conversion Tracking (MACT). Then the Sign in with Twitter button appears:
- Click the Sign in with Twitter button. This Twitter sign-in window appears:
- Activate the required Twitter Ad account or accounts by clicking on the relevant check box and then Save & Close.
- Optional: Sending in-app events to Twitter.
You can map your in-app events to your Twitter events. The mapping is for all of the twitter accounts that were selected in the previous step:
- To send rich in-app events which include multiple event parameters to Twitter, follow the Rich in-app events section in the Android and iOS integration guides.
- To map an in-app event, first click on the + Click to add in app event mapping area.
- Select an in-app event from the SDK Event column and select which Twitter Event Tag you want to map it with.
- To update one of the existing mapped fields, make the changes in the drop down lists and then Save & Close.
- To delete an in-app event, click the trash can icon and then Save & Close.
Existing Twitter Customers Migrating from Another Measurement Service
If your app was subscribed to another attribution provider in the past, which was used to track Twitter installs, then you will get the following error below when configuring Twitter on AppsFlyer's dashboard:
To solve this problem you will have to contact the previous measurement provider and ask to remove the past Twitter tags associated with your account.
Configure Ad Revenue Attribution
To configure the ad revenue attribution for a particular network, follow these steps:
1. Click the Ad Revenue tab on the integrated partner configuration page and enable the Ad Revenue check box.
2. Configure the parameters in the supported integrated partners configuration page:
- API credentials - please use the following link to retrieve the API Key and Inventory Report ID and APP ID from Twitter
- For details of each configuration credential per integrated partner, see here.
- Event Source – The event representing your ad revenue model in the best possible way. For example, if your revenue is based on impressions, it is recommended sending AppsFlyer an ad viewed event.
The best event can be configured for each monetization platform separately.
However, it is also possible to use the af_app_opened event. In this case, ad revenue is attributed for every app open performed by the user.
- Ad Revenue Event - a read-only field that presents the new ad revenue event called [source event]_monetized (e.g. af_app_opened_monetized as displayed above). The ad revenue event is presented in the dashboard as an additional event.
3. Click Save & Close.
- All attributions are for campaigns on the selected account. If no accounts are selected, no in-app events or attributions are sent to Twitter, even if the in-app event mapping is still visible on the Twitter Configuration window.
- The user who is authorizing the integration between AppsFlyer and Twitter must have Twitter Account Administrator access.
- The account owner sees all of the selected Twitter accounts. Sub-users only see Twitter accounts selected by them.
- For instructions on how to associate multiple Twitter accounts, click here.
- To deactivate the integration with twitter, uncheck all accounts and click Save & Close.
- When creating a Twitter campaign, the campaign name must start with the agency name and an underscore (Example: "AgencyName_Campaign1")
- If the account selection does not save, this may be because the Twitter account in question used to be associated with a different provider at Twitter's end. To resolve this:
- Contact Twitter to remove the other provider from your end
- Select the Active Account name
- Click Save and Close.