UTM parameters are tags added to a URL — when the AppsFlyer Tracking Link is clicked, the tags are added to the Google Play URL.
- To enable UTM parameters to be added to the link, contact your AppsFlyer Customer Success Manager.
- This article is relevant for Android apps only. For iOS apps, click here.
When enabled, we automatically add two parameters to the click URL when forwarding the traffic to the Google Play Store (as a part of the 'referrer' value):
- utm_source - set to the media source name (i.e. the value of the 'pid' parameter on the click URL)
- utm_campaign - set to the campaign name (i.e. the value of the 'c' parameter on the click URL)
In addition, when one of the following parameters explicitly appears on the AppsFlyer tracking link, we add it to the Google Play redirected link:
- utm_source (overrides the 'pid' value)
- utm_campaign (overrides the 'c' value)
NOTE: AppsFlyer is able to add the UTM Parameters to Google Play links only when we are the last party redirecting to Google Play. Ad Networks with a server-to-server integration (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) are currently not supported.
There are two ways to retrieve these values from Google Analytics or the Google Play Campaigns Measurement API:
- Acquisition and Conversion Funnel report in Google Analytics for Mobile (https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6263332)
- using the Google Play Campaign Measurement API (https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/testing-play-camp...)