To configure a campaign with ironSource, follow the steps below:
1. Set Up Campaign
Once you have registered your app with AppsFlyer, you must set up a campaign on the dashboard.
To do this, click the app that you want to advertise or select Overview from the drop-down menu.
2. Configure Integrated Partner
Click Integrated Partners on the left side of the screen
3. Select ironSource
In the Integrated Partners page, select ironSource as the media source.
You can do this by either scrolling down the page to ironSource or entering ironSource in the search box.
4. Generate the Tracking URL
Click the ironSource logo to open the ironSource Configuration window.
5. Enter the name of your campaign in the Campaign text field. This is optional.
6. Check the Enable box since ironSource's integration requires us to send a notification for every app launch.
7. Fill in the advertiserId and password fields with the information you received from your ironSource Account Manager.
8. Copy the tracking link and send to your ironSource Account Manager.
9. If you work with ironSource on impression tracking, press the Enable View-Through Attribution checkbox.
10. Copy the View-Through tracking link and send it to your Account Manager at ironSource.
Configure In-App Events
1. Choose either sending only ironSource attributed installs’ in-app events or All in app events.
2. Fill in the advertiserId and password fields with the information you received from your ironSource Account Manager.
3. Click +Click to add in app event mapping and map the events you want to send ironSource.
4. You should map each SDK Event and enter the corresponding ironSource Event Tag per event.
It is recommended to check the Value box for all events to send the values to ironSource.
5. Click Save & Close.
You can grant permission for ironSource to configure the tracking link for you and map your in-app events so that they can receive the data.
To allow ironSource configuration and tracking link extraction, activate the Allow Integration Parameter Configuration toggle.
To allow ironSource to map in-app events to their servers, activate the Allow In-App Events Configuration toggle.
To allow ironSource to to see retention reports, activate the Retention toggle.
Configure Ad Revenue Attribution
To configure the ad revenue attribution for a particular network, follow these steps:
1. Click the Ad Revenue tab on the integrated partner configuration page.
2. Configure the parameters in the supported integrated partners configuration page:
- API credentials - please use the following link to retrieve the Secret Key and User Name from ironSource
- For details of each configuration credential per integrated partner, see here.
- Event Source – The event representing your ad revenue model in the best possible way. For example, if your revenue is based on impressions, it is recommended sending AppsFlyer an ad viewed event. The best event can be configured for each monetization platform separately.
However, it is also possible to use the af_app_opened event. In this case, ad revenue is attributed for every app open performed by the user.
- Ad Revenue Event - a read-only field that presents the new ad revenue event called [source event]_monetized (e.g. Ad_Watched_Monetized as displayed above). The ad revenue event is presented in the dashboard as an additional event.
3. Click Save & Close.