To configure a campaign with Adcolony, follow the steps below:
1. Set Up Campaign
Once you have registered your app with AppsFlyer, you must set up a campaign on the dashboard.
To do this, click the app that you want to advertise or select Overview from the drop-down menu.
2. Configure Integrated Partner
Click Integrated Partners on the left side of the screen
3. Select Adcolony
In the Integrated Partners page, select Adcolony as the media source.
You can do this by either scrolling down the page to Adcolony or entering Adcolony in the search box.
4. Generate the Tracking URL
Click the Adcolony logo to open the Adcolony Configuration window.
5. Enter the name of your campaign in the Campaign text field. This is optional.
6. Set the time frame of the Click Attribution Lookback Window according to your agreement with Adcolony.
7. Check the Enable box since Adcolony's integration requires us to send a notification for every app launch. (Agency? Click here)
8. Copy the tracking link and send to your Adcolony account manager.
9. If you work with Adcolony on impression tracking first press the Enable View-Through Attribution box and then set the time frame of the View-Through Attribution Lookback Window according to your agreement with Adcolony.
10. Copy the View-Through tracking link and send to your Adcolony account manager.
Configure In-App Events
1. Choose either sending only Adcolony attributed installs’ in-app events or All in app events.
2. Click +Click to add in app event mapping and map the events you want to send Adcolony.
1. Open the Cost tab.
NOTE: For media sources supporting API, you must enter a campaign name in the C parameter on the tracking link to receive cost data. For more info for about our tracking link structure, please click here.
2. Check the Enable Cost check box.
3. Add the API Key that you received from your AdColony Account Manager.
4. Press Save & Close.
Configure Ad Revenue Attribution
To configure the ad revenue attribution for a particular network, follow these steps:
1. Click the Ad Revenue tab on the integrated partner configuration page.
2. Configure the parameters in the supported integrated partners configuration page:
- Please contact your AdColony representative to retrieve the API Key and API ID
- For details of each configuration credential per integrated partner, see here.
- Event Source – The event representing your ad revenue model in the best possible way. For example, if your revenue is based on impressions, it is recommended sending AppsFlyer an ad viewed event. The best event can be configured for each monetization platform separately.
However, it is also possible to use the af_app_opened event. In this case, ad revenue is attributed for every app open performed by the user.
- Ad Revenue Event - a read-only field that presents the new ad revenue event called [source event]_monetized (e.g. Ad_Watched_Monetized as displayed above). The ad revenue event is presented in the dashboard as an additional event.
3. Click Save & Close.
AppsFlyer queries Ad Colony’s cost data per account in an aggregative way.
We pull the cost data with Geo data.
The match is performed per app id and and campaign name.
Reasons for Missing Cost
- The API Key is wrong
- There is a missing campaign name in AppsFlyer or a campaign name mismatch between AppsFlyer and AdColony.
Since the cost data is matched per campaign name, there must be a match between the campaign name mentioned in Ad Colony’s account, to the one set in AppsFlyer's Tracking Links.
NOTE: Even if there is a campaign name mismatch AppsFlyer is able to show the cost per Geo.