Google AdWords does not support tracking links for YouTube. The destination URL is determined by simply choosing the application you would like to promote.
1. Set your YouTube campaign
- On the Google AdWords dashboard click + Campaign and select Video
- The video window opens
- Select Mobile app installs and the app you want to promote
- Complete the other parameters as required to run your campaign
- Click Save and Continue
2. Create Conversion
NOTE: If you have an Android (First Open) conversion already set for other channels, you can skip this phase.
- From the toolbar of your Google AdWords account go to Tools >> Conversion
- Click + Conversion
- Select App as the source of conversion you want to track
- In the App conversions, select Android and then select App installs (first open)
- Click Continue
Setting Postback URL
- From your AppsFlyer account, go to Settings >> Integrated Partners >> Adwords.
- Copy the postback URL and paste it to your Google AdWords Account.
- Click Done
- Under Set up your tracking method select Set up a server-to-server conversion feed from an app analytics package to AdWords
- Paste the conversion ID and label to the AppsFlyer dashboard
- Click Save and Close
NOTE: When a user watches an entire video, or at least 30 seconds of it, Google considers this to be an "Engaged View" and returns a click (rather than a view) to AppsFlyer.