Google AdWords does not support tracking links for YouTube. The destination URL is determined by simply choosing the application you would like to promote.
Set your YouTube campaign
- On the Google AdWords dashboard click + Campaign and select Video
- The video window opens
- Select Mobile app installs and the app you want to promote
- Complete the other parameters as required to run your campaign
- Click Save and Continue
2. Create Conversion
NOTE: If you have an iOS (First Open) conversion already set for other channels, you can skip this phase.
- From the toolbar on the Google AdWords main page go to Tools >> Conversions
- Click + Conversion
- Select App as the source of conversion you want to track
- In the App conversions, select iOS and then select App installs (first open)
- Click Continue
Setting the Postback URL
- From your AppsFlyer account go to Settings >>Integrated Partners >> Google AdWords
- Copy the postback URL and paste it to your Google AdWords Account.
- Click Done
- Take the Conversion ID and Label and copy it from your Google AdWords account:
- Paste Conversion ID and Label to your AppsFlyer account:
- Click Save & Close
NOTE: Google will consider a user to be engaged (click) if he watches at least 10 seconds of a video. The default lookback window on Google's side is 2 days.