AppFlood, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is a network that allows iOS and Android developers to see and control every aspect of monetization and distribution.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, AppFlood also offers cost which you can track with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with AppFlood, follow the steps below.
Setting Up AppFlood
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "AppFlood" in the search field and click on its logo to open AppFlood's configuration window.
AppFlood's configuration window includes 4 active tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Cost and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to AppFlood following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to AppFlood.
Tracking Link Tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Tracking Link Parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the tracking link.
Adding parameters to the tracking link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the tracking link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with AppFlood.
Tracking link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific AppFlood campaigns.
Tracking link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns AppFlood.
Tracking link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Tracking link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Tracking link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the tracking link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Tracking Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to AppFlood.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click Tracking Link
This is the tracking link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to AppFlood to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
AppFlood automatically sends CPI cost data on the tracking link for all installs.
Ad Revenue Tab
Ad Revenue data is not supported by this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant AppFlood, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for AppFlood, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to AppFlood.
Ad Network Permissions
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Use these toggles to give the agency permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Main toggle - Set to On to reveal the agency permissions options
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the agency to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to aggregate organic data
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the agency's own retention data
Learn more about granting agency permissions.