To configure a campaign with Applovin, follow the steps below:
Setting Up A Campaign
Once you have registered your app with AppsFlyer, you must set up a campaign on the dashboard.
To do this, click the app that you want to advertise or select Overview from the drop-down menu.
Configuring the Integrated Partner
Click Integrated Partners on the left side of the screen
In the Integrated Partners page, select Applovin as the media source.
You can do this by either scrolling down the page to Applovin or entering Applovin in the search box.
Generating the Tracking URL
Click the Applovin logo to open the Applovin Configuration window.
5. Enter the name of your campaign in the Campaign text field. This is optional.
6. Check the Enable box since Applovin's integration requires us to send a notification for every app launch. (Agency? Click here)
7. Fill out the sdk_key field with the info you received from your Applovin Account Manger.
8. Copy the tracking link and send to your Applovin account manager.
Configuring In-App Events
1. Choose either sending only Applovin attributed installs’ in-app events or All in app events.
2. Fill in the applovin_sdk_key field with the info you received from your Applovin Account Manager.
3. Click +Click to add in app event mapping and map the events you want to send Applovin.
1. Open the Cost tab.
- For media sources supporting API, you must enter a Campaign ID in the af_c_id parameter on the tracking link to receive cost data. For more info for about our tracking link structure, click here.
- Cost data on Applovin is available on media source, campaign level and by geo grouping.
- When cost is configured by agencies, the cost is passed to the advertiser dashboard and aggregated reports, regardless if agency transparency is enabled or disabled.
- AppsFlyer traces back Applovin historic cost data for 30 days.
2. Check the Enable Cost check box.
3. Retrieve the API key from your User tab on AppLovin's dashboard. Once logged in, go to Account —> Keys —> Report Key.
4. Press Save & Close.
Configuring Ad Revenue Attribution
To configure the ad revenue attribution for a particular network, follow these steps:
1. Click the Ad Revenue tab on the integrated partner configuration page.
2. Configure the parameters in the supported integrated partners configuration page:
- API credentials - Please use the following link to retrieve the Report Key from Applovin.
- For details of each configuration credential per integrated partner, see here.
- Event Source – The event representing your ad revenue model in the best possible way. For example, if your revenue is based on impressions, it is recommended sending AppsFlyer an ad viewed event. The best event can be configured for each monetization platform separately.
However, it is also possible to use the af_app_opened event. In this case, ad revenue is attributed for every app open performed by the user.
- Ad Revenue Event - a read-only field that presents the new ad revenue event called [source event]_monetized (e.g. Ad_Watched_Monetized as displayed above). The ad revenue event is presented in the dashboard as an additional event.
3. Click Save & Close.
AppsFlyer queries AppLovin's cost data per account in an aggregative way.
The cost is pulled per account and the match is per Campaign ID.
Reasons for Missing Cost
- The API Key is wrong
- There is a mismatch with the Campaign ID.
Sometimes there is a possibility for mismatches with the Campaign ID. If you notice missing costs, always confirm the Campaign IDs are aligned.