To view AdWords Cost within the AppsFlyer dashboard, connect via your AdWords configuration page. Once the connection is complete, AppsFlyer begins to query your AdWords cost amounts for all of your existing campaigns.
Required Customer Steps
1. Click Connect and grant access to AdWords cost data.
The above only appears if there is more than one Google account connected. If no account is connected, you must first provide your Google credentials.
2. Click Allow.
- Users can confirm they are logged in with the correct AdWords account by checking the email address which appears on the upper left-hand side in the top right corner of the page. If it is not the correct account, sign out of the account and sign in again using the email address for a different Google account.
- MCC Account is also supported.
- AppsFlyer only shows data up to Campaign level.
- Using spaces or special characters in the campaign name causes a discrepancy.
Cost Calculation Details and Dashboard Presentation
- Cost = the AdWords spend for the defined period.
- eCPI = AdWords Spend divided by the number AdWords installs (tracked by AppsFlyer).
Mr A Flyer is an advertiser.
He is running two separate campaigns on AdWords during the period April 25 – May 2.
Campaign A: UK_Female_30:
Cost: $1000 (total Spend of the campaign, as provided by AdWords)
eCPI: $1,000 / 400 (total number of installs generated by the campaign) = $2.5
Campaign B: US_Male_30:
eCPI: $500 / 100 (total number of installs generated by the campaign) = $5
In the table above, Mr Flyer’s AdWords campaign cost is calculated per campaign.
In the aggregated performance report (presented by default), you can see the information provided by AppsFlyer at a higher level (total of all AdWords campaigns):
According to the table above, Mr Flyer’s total AdWords campaign cost is calculated as follows:
All AdWords campaigns:
Total cost: $1,000 + $500 = $1,500 (total spend of the campaigns, as provided by AdWords)
Total installs: 400 + 100 = 500
eCPI: $1,500 / 500 = $3
AppsFlyer receives spend data seven days retroactively from the first login.
For Google AdWords, AppsFlyer has either Campaign ID or Campaign Name in the attribution data/clicks (for iOS search ads). AppsFlyer finds the match and displays cost at campaign level.
Reasons for Missing or Cost Discrepancy
1. Client logged-in with the wrong account email:
When logging in, it is important to verify the right Google account is used.
If the wrong Google account was used to login, no cost is pulled or displayed. In such a situation, you must remove the app from Google apps permissions and login with the correct account. To do so, follow these steps:
a. Click on the following URL: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions
b. Remove the Google Cost and login again.
2. Spaces and Special Characters
Using spaces or special characters in the campaign name causes a discrepancy.