To configure a campaign with Chartboost, follow the steps below:
1. Set Up Campaign
Once you have registered your app with AppsFlyer, you must set up a campaign on the dashboard.
To do this, click the app that you want to advertise or select Overview from the drop-down menu.
2. Configure Integrated Partner
Click Integrated Partners on the left side of the screen
3. Select Chartboost
In the Integrated Partners page, select Chartboost as the media source.
You can do this by either scrolling down the page to Chartboost or entering Chartboost in the search box.
4. Generate the Tracking URL
Click the Chartboost logo to open the Chartboost Configuration window.
5. Enter the name your campaign in the Campaign text field. This is optional.
6. Set the time frame of the Click Attribution Lookback Window according to your agreement with Chartboost.
7. Copy the tracking link and send to your Chartboost account manager.
8. If you work with Chartboost on impression tracking first press the Enable View-Through Attribution box and then set the time frame of the View-Through Attribution Lookback Window according to your agreement with Chartboost.
9. Copy the View-Through tracking link and send to your Chartboost account manager.
Please use this Chartboost link to see how to map the different parameters on Chartboost's side.
Configure In-App Events
1. Choose either sending only Chartboost attributed installs’ in-app events or All in app events.
2. Click +Click to add in app event mapping and map the events you want to send Chartboost.
Configure Ad Revenue Attribution
To configure the ad revenue attribution for a particular network, follow these steps:
1. Click the Ad Revenue tab on the integrated partner configuration page.
2. Configure the parameters in the supported integrated partners configuration page:
- API credentials - for details of each configuration credential per integrated partner, see here.
- Event Source – The event representing your ad revenue model in the best possible way. For example, if your revenue is based on impressions, it is recommended sending AppsFlyer an ad viewed event. The best event can be configured for each monetization platform separately.
However, it is also possible to use the af_app_opened event. In this case, ad revenue is attributed for every app open performed by the user.
- Ad Revenue Event - a read-only field that presents the new ad revenue event called [source event]_monetized (e.g. Ad_Watched_Monetized as displayed above). The ad revenue event is presented in the dashboard as an additional event.
3. Click Save & Close.