Universal app campaigns allow you to promote your iOS app across Google Search, YouTube and Display.
AppsFlyer can track these type of campaigns through our integration with Google AdWords. To do so, follow the campaign settings below:
Utilizing the Postback for Google AdWords
- Open a new conversion under Tools
- Select First Opens and in-app actions >> iOS >> App Installs (First Open)
- Select Continue to begin New Conversion Action.
- Complete all fields, as required
- You can either copy the Postback in the Settings tab of the AppsFlyer dashboard by going to Settings >> Integrated Partners >> Google AdWords.
- Use this postback (for either option the postback URL is the same):
- Paste the Postback URL in the correct field
- Click Done
- Click Save and continue
Set your Conversion ID and Conversion Label on the AppsFlyer Dashboard
- In your Google AdWords conversion tab, check Set up a server-to-server conversion feed from an app analytics package to AdWords and copy the conversion ID and Label ID
- Paste it into your AppsFlyer dashboard and click Save & Close.
- You cannot modify the final URL or add a tracking template (unlike regular Search or Display campaigns in AdWords respectively).
- You must work with a different Conversion ID and Label to the ones used by the Advertiser - for an agency to promote an app using Universal Campaigns.
- You are not notified by Google where your ad is running, this information is provided by AppsFlyer in the Raw Data Reports under the Channel column.