At a glance: Set up the integration between AppsFlyer and Snapchat to enable attribution measurement.
For a complete picture of working with Snapchat in AppsFlyer, check out these articles:
- Snapchat integration setup guide (this article)
- Snapchat marketing partners setup
- Snapchat integration discrepancies
- Snapchat and AppsFlyer SKAdNetwork interoperation
Setting up Snapchat integration
The setup is done from the Active integrations page, but to find new partners you must first go to the marketplace.
To configure your campaigns with Snapchat:
- In AppsFlyer, under Configuration go to Partner Marketplace.
- Find Snapchat and select it.
- Review the Snapchat Terms and Conditions for Mobile App Conversion Tracking (MAST), click Accept to accept the terms.
- Complete the setup using the relevant tabs.
- Click Save Integration.
For a detailed description of the partner configuration window header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners.
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you must turn on Activate Partner to enable setup.
For more details about partner activation click here.
Enable Activate Partner to allow attribution to Snapchat.
Snap App ID
- In your Snap Business Manager, go to Apps, and copy the Snap App ID (read Snapchat's guide on how to generate a Snap App ID).
- Paste the ID in the Snap App ID field in AppsFlyer.
In case the app is promoted by an agency,
- Snap App ID can be added by the advertiser only.
- If the agency is under the same organization as you on Snapchat ad platform, use only one Snap App ID.
- If the agency is under a different organization on Snapchat ad platform, request from them to provide their Snap App ID for this app, and enter it in this field. Multiple IDs can be entered. Press Enter after each ID.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Snapchat.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-30 days. We recommend setting the Click-through lookback window to 28 days, to align with Snapchat.
More details about the click lookback window here.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Snapchat, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days. We recommend setting the View-through lookback window to 1 day, to align with Snapchat.
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Activate Re-engagement attribution to start attributing re-engagements for Snapchat.
If you are an agency, request from the advertiser to do it for you from their side.
Re-engagement click-through lookback window
Set the duration of the Re-engagement click-through lookback window (the maximum period of time after an ad is clicked, within which a retargeted user can be attributed to the ad). You can set the value in hours (up to 23) or days (1-30):
Re-engagement view-through lookback window
To start attributing impressions of retargeting ads, activate Re-engagement view-through attribution.
Then, set the duration of the Re-engagement view-through lookback window (the maximum period of time after an ad is viewed, within which a retargeted user can be attributed to the ad). You can set the value in hours (up to 23) or days (1-7):
Set the duration of the Re-engagement window (the period when the user's in-app events are attributed to the retargeting media source). You can set the value in days (1-90), hours (up to 23), or even lifetime:
In-app event postback settings
Map AppsFlyer events with the partner via postbacks. If postback sending is enabled, this includes rejected in-app events (events blocked by Protect360 or events found to be non-compliant by target validation rules).
To configure in-app event postbacks:
- Set the Partner ID (if required).
- Enable In-app event postback.
- Set the In-app event postback window, if required (read more about in-app event postback window configuration).
- If available, select whether to send events automatically or manually. Learn more about sending all events as they are.
- Click Add event to add an SDK or server-to-server event to the list.
- Complete the parameters required.
- [Optional] Click to set conditions for sending certain in-app events to the partner.
Learn more about conditional in-app events postbacks.
The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated into your app or from server-to-server events.
|mapped to partner event||
The unique name or ID of each event, as defined on the partner's side. Possible mapping configurations are:
|for users from||
Select the sending option for the event:
Attribution link tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external attribution links.
The cost integration provides the following aggregated data:
- Cost data for your campaigns, adsets, ads, and channel levels. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features.
Note: Cost data requires an ROI360 subscription.
- Data on clicks and impressions.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
Cost data sync status
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Stop Snapchat cost sync
To stop getting Snapchat cost and to delete a connected Snapchat account:
- In the actions column, hover over an account, click Delete connection
Once deleted, AppsFlyer stops getting the cost. Deleting the connection does not impact historical data.
- Make sure your campaign setup in Snapchat is for either an iOS or Android app; not both. If the campaign is for both apps, AppsFlyer can't break down the cost per app, and the cost does not display in AppsFlyer.
- To avoid discrepancies in cost data, set the same timezone in both app settings and your Snapchat advertising account.
- Once you set Snap's cost do not change the name of any running campaign, ad set, or single ad, as it may cause serious discrepancies or missing cost data.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported in the integration with this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Snapchat. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Snapchat, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Snapchat.
Enable Ad Network Permissions to begin the configuration.
Once you switch Ad Network Permissions on:
- The app appears on the ad network's dashboard
- Permissions are granted only to this ad network
- The ad network admin can see basic data about the app
Grant permissions to ad network team members
Snapchat admin has access to your app by default, but you can give specific Snapchat employees the permissions to manage your app. To be able to do so, these employees must be added by Snapchat admin as team members to AppsFlyer.
Then, get the email addresses of the relevant Snapchat team members.
To add team members that can have permissions to manage your app:
- Click Add team member.
- Enter the email of the ad network team member.
- Click Add.
- Repeat the process to add more team members if needed.
Once you enable permissions for the ad network, select the permissions you want to grant it.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad network permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow spend ingestion - at the app level
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Deep linking with Snapchat
Deep linking with Snapchat is based on using a native deep link in Snapchat's platform, while adding AppsFlyer parameters to it.
To perform deep linking with Snapchat:
- Verify that deep linking for retargeting is enabled for Snapchat.
- Verify that re-engagement attribution is enabled in AppsFlyer.
- Take the app's deep link scheme URI and add at least the following parameters:
- PID - The media source in this case is always snapchat_int. This enables all data to appear in the AppsFlyer dashboard under the Snapchat_int media source.
- C - the relevant campaign name
- is_retargeting=true - this field defines the campaign as a retargeting campaign. The engagements of existing users with the retargeting campaign are marked as re-engagements due to the existence of this field in the URI. This ensures the user's data appear in the retargeting dashboard.
How to set up deep links on Snap platform?
Deferred deep linking with Snapchat
You can access Snapchat user conversion data in real-time directly at the SDK level using deferred deep linking.
The Snapchat conversion data includes the af_dp parameter, which enables you to deep link and serve customized content, based on the user's engagement with your ad in Snapchat.
In addition, you can use other conversion data parameters such as af_adset or af_channel.
Setting up Snapchat for agencies
Agency Snapchat attribution setup is similar to that of the advertiser.
Agencies can't set the Advanced Privacy setting—this is limited to the advertiser.
To complete the setup, two steps are required:
- The advertiser must turn on Activate Partner for Snapchat to enable setup of the integration tab parameters.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
- On the agency dashboard, on the Snapchat configuration page, the Snapchat account ID text area is enabled as seen below. Agencies can enter up to 50 different Snapchat account IDs in the text area. All consequent attribution data coming from those accounts is visible only under the agency's dashboard afterward.
Snapchat account IDs MUST NOT be shared between the advertiser or the agency. If they are shared then ALL the advertiser's installs are automatically attributed on the agency's dashboard.
Keeping Snapchat data
Snapchat requires attribution providers to delete its user-level data 12 months after the install. This means that the events performed by these users 12 months after they install the app are counted as organic.
Past aggregate data remains the same.