- Select Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production) in Production certificate option
- Click Create Certificate from the Production SSL Certificate option.
- After clicking Create Certificate, you will see the Add iOS Certificate Assistant. Follow the instructions in the assistant and then click Continue.
- Using the Certificate Signing request that was just created, generate the APNS Push SSL certificate.
- Once the Download button appears, you are ready to download. You may need to reload the page for this to update. Download the newly created certificate:
- Open the certificate. Opening the certificate will open Keychain Access.
In Keychain Access your certificate should be shown under “My Certificates”. If not, check “Certificates” to see if it’s located there.
Renewing Your Certificate
If you are renewing either your Development or Production Push SSL Certificate, follow the steps outlined above as if you were uploading the certificate for the first time. There is no need to revoke the previous certificate in order to make this change. There may be two production certificates at the same time, to allow you to continue using the old certificate while uploading the new one.
Export the .p12 File
You’re almost there. The final step before heading back over to the AppsFlyer dashboard is to save your signing certificate as a .p12 file.
- Select the certificate that was just added to Keychain Access and select File -> Export Items... from the menu. Be sure to select My Certificates under the Category menu on the lower left-hand side. If My Certificates is not highlighted, you will not be able to export the certificate as a .p12 file.
- When saving the file, use the Personal Information Exchange (.p12) format.
- Make sure it states that it is Apple Push Services and appears as follows:
Click Select File to select your .p12 file.
Enter the password for the .p12 file (not the certificate password).
Click Validate to send the certificate to AppsFlyer to check if it is valid.
Click Save Settings.
Viewing Uninstall Data in the AppsFlyer Dashboard
Uninstall tracking is displayed on the main dashboard in the Aggregated Performance table.
Uninstall information can be tracked from 15 April 2016.
Metrics for uninstalls are updated and aggregated every 24 hours.
For more details, refer to the iOS Track App Uninstalls section of the SDK Integration Guide, here.