Oath: Ad Platforms (Yahoo Gemini), one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, offers search and native advertising in one advertising platform.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Oath: Ad Platforms also offers cost, retargeting and view-through attribution, which you can track with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Oath: Ad Platforms, follow the steps below.
The OATH Ad Platforms integration does not support EU user targeted campaigns at this time.
Setting UpOath: Ad Platforms
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Oath: Ad Platforms" in the search field and click on its logo to open the Oath: Ad Platforms configuration window.
The Oath: Ad Platforms configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Cost, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory. All other steps are descriptive or optional.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Follow these steps for the general settings of Oath: Ad Platforms
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed toOath: Ad Platforms.
More details about the click lookback window here.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Oath: Ad Platforms. The view-through lookback slider is available on the tracking link tab (described below).
In-App Events Settings
In this section, you can map your AppsFlyer events with Oath: Ad Platforms via postbacks.
- Submit the yp parameter provided by Oath: Ad Platforms.
On Oath's dashboard it is called In app events - Dot tag ID (see below).
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the Oath: Ad Platforms side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Oath: Ad Platforms and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Tracking Link Tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external tracking links.
- The Cost tab allows you to receive cost data.
- Select the Get Cost, Clicks and Impressions data toggle.
- Click API Authentication to redirect you to your Yahoo account.
If you are not signed in please do so and then press the below highlighted Agree button.
- Make sure that you log in to the Yahoo account that you are running the campaigns from.
If the connection was successful, the following message is displayed:
"You have successfully connected Oath: Ad Platforms cost data."
- Close this tab to return to the AppsFlyer dashboard.
- Click Save & Close.
Once you set Oath's cost do not change the name of any running campaign, ad set or single ad, as it may cause serious discrepancies or missing cost data.
Ad Revenue Tab
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Oath: Ad Platforms. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Oath: Ad Platforms, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Oath: Ad Platforms.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Oath: Ad Platforms Raw Report
AppsFlyer receives the following parameters from Oath: Ad Platforms and map them to the following fields in the raw reports.
|Oath: Ad Platforms Parameters||AppsFlyer Raw Report Parameters|
|Creative ID||Ad ID|
|Adgroup ID||Adset ID|
|Campaign ID||Campaign ID|
|Site ID||Site ID|
- When you enable attribution for the first time, it takes up to 4 hours to be reflected in the Oath: Ad Platforms UI.
- Currently agencies are not able to track campaigns on Oath:Ad Platforms (Yahoo Gemini) via AppsFlyer.