Oath: Ad Platforms (Yahoo Gemini), one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, offers search and native advertising in one advertising platform.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Oath: Ad Platforms, which is an SRN, also offers cost and view-through attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Oath: Ad Platforms, follow the steps below.
The OATH Ad Platforms integration does not support EU user targeted campaigns at this time.
Setting up Oath: Ad Platforms
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Oath: Ad Platforms" in the search field and click on its logo to open the Oath: Ad Platforms configuration window.
The Oath: Ad Platforms configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Cost, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory. All other steps are descriptive or optional.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Follow these steps for the general settings of Oath: Ad Platforms
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed toOath: Ad Platforms.
More details about the click lookback window here.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Oath: Ad Platforms. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
In-app events settings
In this section, you can map your AppsFlyer events with Oath: Ad Platforms via postbacks.
- Submit the yp parameter provided by Oath: Ad Platforms.
On Oath's dashboard it is called In app events - Dot tag ID (see below).
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the Oath: Ad Platforms side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Oath: Ad Platforms and set in the text field.
When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external attribution links.
Enabling and testing oath cost integration
- The Cost tab allows you to receive cost data.
- Select the Get Cost, Clicks and Impressions data toggle.
- Click API Authentication to redirect you to your Yahoo account.
If you are not signed in please do so and then press the below highlighted Agree button.
- Make sure that you log in to the Yahoo account that you are running the campaigns from.
If the connection was successful, the following message is displayed:
"You have successfully connected Oath: Ad Platforms cost data."
- Close this tab to return to the AppsFlyer dashboard.
- Click Save & Close.
Cost data sync status
The cost tab shows the status of your cost integration and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data.
Oath allows you to sync several accounts for pulling cost data. For each synced account, AppsFlyer shows the status of cost integration and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data.
The table below describes five different status messages, and what to do if you see them in the cost tab.
|Status Message||Description||What to Do|
|Partner API is responding and returning data.||
With sync message:
Cost Data was never successfully pulled
One of the following is possible:
No Matching Data
AppsFlyer queries this app's active campaigns with the Partner API, but the partner API isn't returning any data for these campaigns.
This might happen if you change the campaign ID while it is still running.
If you rely on cost data, do not change the IDs of campaigns while they are still active and running.
Also, make sure you entered the API credentials for the correct app, and that the network is passing the correct campaign IDs on the attribution link.
Partner API is not responding
The ad network cost data API is either down or experiencing issues.
Wait for the network API to become responsive.
|Cost API credentials are incorrect. AppsFlyer in unable to pull cost data.||
Make sure that the cost API key is correct.
Last successful data pull
The cost tab shows the last time cost data has been pulled yet. If cost data has never been pulled, the sync message shows Cost Data was never successfully pulled.
Scenario 1: Stopped campaigns
AppsFlyer pulls cost for several campaigns that you run with ad network A. You look in the cost tab and you see the message Last successful sync 2 hours ago. The same day you stop running campaigns with ad network A. Two weeks later, you look in the cost tab of ad network A. You then see the message Last successful sync 14 days ago.
Scenario 2: Ad network API issues
AppsFlyer pulls cost for several campaigns that you run with ad network B. You look in the cost tab and you see the message Last successful sync 2 hours ago. Ad network B then experiences issues with their API. It takes them a few hours to fix it. When you look in the cost tab you see the message Last successful sync 8 hours ago.
Stop oath cost sync
- Log in your Oath Ad Platform account
- In the upper right-hand corner click the settings icon
- Click Manage Users
- Delete the user that was used to connect AppsFlyer cost sync
Once you set Oath's cost do not change the name of any running campaign, ad set or single ad, as it may cause serious discrepancies or missing cost data.
Ad revenue tab
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Oath: Ad Platforms. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Oath: Ad Platforms, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Oath: Ad Platforms.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Oath: ad platforms raw report
AppsFlyer receives the following parameters from Oath: Ad Platforms and map them to the following fields in the raw reports.
|Oath: Ad Platforms Parameters||AppsFlyer Raw Report Parameters|
|Creative ID||Ad ID|
|Adgroup ID||Adset ID|
|Campaign ID||Campaign ID|
|Site ID||Site ID|
- When you enable attribution for the first time, it takes up to 4 hours to be reflected in the Oath: Ad Platforms UI.
- Currently agencies are not able to attribute campaigns on Oath:Ad Platforms (Yahoo Gemini) via AppsFlyer.