Yahoo Gemini, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, offers search and native advertising in one advertising platform.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Yahoo Gemini also offers cost, retargeting and view-through attribution, which you can track with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Yahoo Gemini, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Yahoo Gemini
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Yahoo Gemini" in the search field and click on its logo to open Yahoo Gemini's configuration window.
Yahoo Gemini's configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Data enrichment and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
Follow these steps for the general settings of Yahoo Gemini
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Yahoo Gemini.
More details about the click lookback window here.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Yahoo Gemini. The view-through lookback slider is available on the tracking link tab (described below).
In-App Events Settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with Yahoo Gemini via postbacks.
- Submit the yp parameter provided by Yahoo Gemini.
Go to settings and choose View tag code.
In the Image section you are then able to see the yp.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Yahoo Gemini's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Yahoo Gemini and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Tracking Link Tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external tracking links.
Data Enrichment Tab
The data enrichment tab allows you to receive additional data.
Select the Get Cost, Clicks and Impressions data toggle.
Click API Authentication to redirect you to your Yahoo account. If you are not signed in please do so and then press the below highlighted Agree button.
Make sure that you log in to the Yahoo account that you are running the campaigns from.
If the connection was successful, the following message is displayed:
"You have successfully connected Yahoo Gemini cost data."
Close this tab to return to the AppsFlyer dashboard.
Click Save & Close.
- When you enable attribution for the first time, it takes up to 4 hours to be reflected in the Yahoo Gemini UI.
- Agencies are not able to run campaigns on Yahoo via AppsFlyer.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Yahoo Gemini, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Yahoo Gemini, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Yahoo Gemini.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Yahoo Gemini Raw Report
AppsFlyer receives the following parameters from Yahoo Gemini and map them to the following fields in the raw reports.
|Yahoo Gemini Parameters||AppsFlyer Raw Report Parameters|
|Creative ID||Ad ID|
|Adgroup ID||Adset ID|
|Campaign ID||Campaign ID|
|Site ID||Site ID|