MediaShakers, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is a digital advertising company that provides a multi-screen comprehensive solution to various marketing needs.
To configure your campaigns with MediaShakers, follow the steps below.
Setting Up MediaShakers
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "MediaShakers" in the search field and click on its logo to open MediaShakers's configuration window.
MediaShakers's configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Data enrichment and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to MediaShakers following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
In-App Events Settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with MediaShakers via postbacks.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on MediaShakers's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from MediaShakers and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Tracking Link Tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external tracking links.
This tab is divided into different sections:
Tracking Link Parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the tracking link.
Adding parameters to the tracking link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the tracking link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with MediaShakers.
Tracking link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific MediaShakers campaigns.
Tracking link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns MediaShakers.
Tracking link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Tracking link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Tracking link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the tracking link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Tracking Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to MediaShakers.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click Tracking Link
This is the tracking link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to MediaShakers to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
Data Enrichment Tab
Data Enrichment is not available in the integration with this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant MediaShakers, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for MediaShakers, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to MediaShakers.
Ad Network Permissions
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.