As of late May 2018 AppsFlyer's integrated partners user interface and accompanying documentation are being gradually updated. For details about the new user interface please visit the Integrated Partners Setup guide.
This article is intended for customers who want to send attribution data to deltaDNA.
deltaDNA is the a leading real-time analytics and marketing platform for mobile gaming. The combination of market-leading deep data functionality, ultra-high performance and a flexible, open environment allows users to maximize engagement and lifetime value through player segmentation, predictive modelling and real-time targeted interventions
The deltaDNA SDK userID, whether auto-generated or provided by the game, must be set as the customer user id in the AppsFlyer SDK to ensure the attribution data received from AppsFlyer is applied to the correct user. This must only be done on builds of the game integrated against the LIVE environment on the deltaDNA side.
- If you are using a propriety user id and populating this id both in AppsFlyer custom_user_id parameter and in deltaDNA user parameter – No additional code implementation is needed.
- If you are not using a propriety user id, you will need to take userID property from deltaDNA and implement in AppsFlyer SDK under customer_user_id parameter. The following code should be implemented after both SDKs are initiated.
[AppsFlyerTracker sharedTracker].customerUserID = [DDNASDK sharedInstance].userID;
Follow the instructions below to configure the integration with deltaDNA
1. Create an appsFlyerAttribution event in DeltaDNA with the Event Management tool
2. Get the Live environment key on the Game Details page in deltaDNA dashboard:
3. Configure deltaDNA in AppsFlyer’s Dashboard:
- Click Integrated Partners in the left of the screen
- Search for deltaDNA
- Click on the deltaDNA logo to open the configuration window
- Under Integration Parameters, check the Enablecheck box
- Insert the Enviorment_key taken from deltaDNA console (see Section 2)
- Check the Enable checkbox
- Switch the “Send Cost” toggle to ON if you want to send campaigns cost data
- Click Save & Close
Once you have saved the configuration, AppsFlyer sends the following data to deltaDNA for every organic and non-organic install:
- Environment Key
- User ID
- Install Time
- Media Source
- Campaign name
If “Send Cost” is switched on, the following parameters will also be sent with the install postback:
- Cost Model – CPI / CPC / CPM / CPA
- Cost Currency – 3 letter currency code e.g. USD
- Cost Value – Number
According to Facebook and Twitter T&C, we are unable share user level data with any 3rd party. As a result, all Facebook and Twitter installs are sent to deltaDNA as organic.
Viewing the Attribution Data in deltaDNA Console
Attribution data received from appsFlyer can be used to:
- Filter Measure charts
- Build custom dashboards and reports
- Run detailed analysis
- Create custom player segments to target players with personalized campaigns and offers.
The Acquisition Channel filter at the top of all the Measure charts, the retention Matrices, LTV and Retention Predictors uses and is based on the AppsFlyer Media Source.
There are 8 attribution parameters that appsFlyer can send to deltaDNA for use in your analysis, reports and queries. They are all prefixed by the with the letters afAttr.
E.g. afAttrCampaign, afAttrAgency, afAttrMediaSource for the campaign, agency and media source respectively.
All attribution parameters are listed within the appsFlyerAttribution added to your Event Management screen.
Use them to build custom analysis queries and reports in any of the deltaDNA Analyze tools.