AppsFlyer provides you with the ability to grant permissions to specific ad networks to perform a number of tasks including accessing reports and configuring attribution links. These are found in the Permissions tab.
Use the Permissions tab of the Integrated Partners configuration window for granting the different permissions to the ad networks.
You can grant permission for the ad network to view the following:
- Integration Parameter Configurations
- In-App Event Configuration
- Retention Reports
- Loyal user data
- In-app event data
- Revenue data
- Protect360 Dashboard
Configuring Integrated Partner Permissions
You can grant permission for the ad network to configure the attribution link for you and map your in-app events so that they can receive the data.
For an ad network to see your app in their dashboard and be able to view data related to the app, you must enable Ad Network Permissions. Additional permissions can be granted. These permissions are discussed below.
Activate the integration with the ad network to grant permissions to the ad network.
- Select the ad network you want to integrate with
- In the Integration tab, look for Activate Partner
- Toggle Activate Partner on
Enabling ad network permissions
When you enable permissions for a partner, only this partner gets permission to your app. Other partners don't get permissions to your app unless you choose to.
- In the integration page of the ad network, switch to the Permissions tab
- Toggle Ad Network Permissions on
If you don't see an option to toggle Ad Network Permissions on, ask your ad network to contact their Partner Development Manager or email us to email@example.com. for more information, refer the ad network to this article.
- Once you toggle Ad Network Permissions on:
- The app appears on the ad network's dashboard
- The ad network admin can see basic data about the app
To give permissions to specific ad network admin team members, in addition to the ad network admin, see the section below.
Granting permissions to ad network team members
Once you activate the integration with the ad network, you can start granting permissions to its team members. Talk to the ad network to get the emails of the team members. These emails are required in the steps below. Before you can add ad network team members, contact the ad network to get the team members emails
- Get the emails addresses of ad network team members
- Verify with the ad network that the emails are correct
- Click Add team members
- Enter the email of the ad network team member
- Click Add
- Repeat the process to add more team members if you need to
Choosing what permissions you want to grant the ad network
The permissions listed below are granted to the ad network admin and any team member that you add.
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
In-app event postbacks
- The Allow to configure in-app event postbacks toggle can only be activated if the Allow to configure integration toggle is activated.
- Any changes made to the configuration overwrite the current configuration irrespective of whether it is set by the advertiser or the ad network.
- By activating the in-app event postback configuration toggle you are allowing the ad network to map ALL events to them.
In-app event data
- Aggregate in-app events data toggle gives the ad network access to all in-app events measured by AppsFlyer (both SDK and S2S) and attributed to the network, not only to the events mapped in the postback configuration.
- In case you use Ad Revenue, note that the activation of the in-app event data toggle gives the ad network access to ad monetization events data as well. This data may include ad monetization events from other media sources.
- Similarly to the in-app event data toggle, if you use Ad Revenue, the activation of the revenue data toggle provides access to ad monetization revenue data, including the data from other media sources.
For details of Agency Permissions, see here.
Access to Protect360 Dashboard
Protect360 is AppsFlyer's premium solution for mobile install fraud blocking and detection.
Media sources that serve traffic for advertisers that have Protect360 enabled can see all blocked fraud raw data reports. However, to access the Protect360 dashboard containing aggregated fraud data of the media source, the advertiser MUST toggle the Protect360 dashboard button to ON per media source.