MediaMath, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, specializes in programmatic marketing technology, with data management platforms and omnichannel DSPs.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, MediaMath also offers retargeting and view-through attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with MediaMath, follow the steps below.
Setting up Mediamath
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "MediaMath" in the search field and click on its logo to open MediaMath's configuration window.
Enabling Advanced Data Sharing will allow AppsFlyer to send MediaMath the attributed source and referrer data for install postbacks. The ‘CB_AD’ toggle does the same thing for in-app events.
MediaMath's configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle below. ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
As an ALL-Installs network, MediaMath prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to MediaMath.
MediaMath connects with AppsFlyer via unique Advertiser ID and Pixel ID. If you don't already have the Advertiser ID and Pixel ID, you must obtain it from MediaMath to continue with the integration.
Advanced Data Sharing
Toggle this to ON if you want AppsFlyer to send additional information to MediaMath..
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from MediaMath. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to MediaMath following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to MediaMath.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to MediaMath.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with MediaMath via postbacks.
- Enter the Advertiser ID again.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on MediaMath's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from MediaMath and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with MediaMath.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific MediaMath campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns MediaMath.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
When enabled, AppsFlyer recognizes a link as a retargeting attribution link, rather than a user acquisition link, by adding the
&is_retargeting=true to the click recording link. Note that retargeting is currently only supported for click-through and not view-through attribution.
Attribution link parameter: is_retargeting.
The following setup below is displayed when retargeting is enabled.
1. Standard Link vs. OneLink
Select standard attribution link option if:
- You don't need to deep link with the URL or
- Plan to use only URI schemes for deep linking
select Use OneLink for:
- Using a single link for both Android and iOS apps or
- Deep linking using Universal or app links
Note that selecting OneLink changes the click recording link from app specific to a OneLink URL.
2. Deep Link URL
Use this field if the link is meant to deep link users to any specific activity within your app.
Attribution link parameter: af_dp
You can find more information about AppsFlyer's deep linking solution in this guide.
3. Re-engagement Window
Set the time period following the re-engagement, where the user's in-app events are attributed to the retargeting media source. You can set the value in days (1-90), hours (up to 23), or even lifetime.Attribution link parameter: af_reengagement_window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to MediaMath.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to MediaMath to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to MediaMath, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to MediaMath to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Cost data is not supported by MediaMath.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported by MediaMath.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant MediaMath, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for MediaMath, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to MediaMath.
Ad network permissions
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.