Testing your SDK integration is performed simply using AppsFlyer’s dedicated SDK Integrations Tests page. It covers testing Non-Organic Installs, In-App Events, and Deeplinking. This articles guides you through the process of testing your SDK Integration.
- Currently, there is no way of testing with Windows Referrer other than to upload the app to the Windows App Store.
- When testing with Windows Referrer, you must be familiar with the following restrictions:
- You must be logged-in to the store.
- You must not have the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on your device.
- Your device must never have had the app (Windows' referrer is lifetime - even if you are whitelisted or have waited over 90 days, you will not receive referrer attribution).
Testing SDK Integration
- It is required to test the SDK Integration on a whitelisted test device. To whitelist your test device, follow the steps here: Whitelist a Device.
- Open the AppsFlyer dashboard and chose the app you are testing.
- Select SDK Integration Tests from the Navigation Menu.
- You are presented with three options to test:
- Non-Organic Install
- In App Events
Testing Non-Organic Install
- Select one of your whitelisted devices from the dropdown list
- Select where you are installing the app from (Windows Store or Other)
- Scan the generated QR code with your whitelisted test device and follow the instructions on your device.
- Wait until the the Non-Organic Install is registered in the Integration Test page indicating the test was successful. This can take up to two minutes. If the app did not register a Non-Organic install by this time, refer to the troubleshootings that appears in the Integration Test page.
Testing In-App Events
- Select one of your whitelisted test devices from the dropdown menu and click Next.
- Open your app and start generating in-app events.
- You will see a log of these events as they are registered in real time.
- OneLink must be defined for your app in order to test Deep Linking. Refer to our OneLink guide here.
- Select one of your whitelisted test devices from the drop down menu and click Next.
- Scan the QR code with your whitelisted test device and follow the instructions on your device.
- Wait until the Deeplink is registered successfully in Integration Test page.