AppsFlyer offers a new solution for exporting entire raw data on a daily basis. This data can be processed by customer scripts and imported into their BI systems or be available for pulling when required.
NOTE: This is a premium feature which is an add-on on top of packages. For specific pricing please contact your Customer Success Manager.
For customers with large amounts of data, Data Locker serves as an alternative to exporting data via Push API. Once the Data Locker is configured, AppsFlyer automatically creates a repository for the data and makes it available for the customer’s convenience.
- There is no need to set up any servers on your end
- Reliable: no data loss since the data is stored in AWS
- More data: get much more data such as Organic Installs and In-App Events, Sessions, Clicks and Impressions
- Pull data when required
1. Select the Data Locker option under Integrations (this is only available to account owners).
2. Select the relevant applications for which data is to be stored.
3. Configure the required data: you can choose to receive Non-Organic, Organic and Re-Targeting data.
The data can include Installs, In-App Events and Uninstalls. In addition, for selected customers, we also have the ability to send Sessions, Clicks and Impressions.
4. Click Save.
Once saved, a dedicated AWS bucket is created. The bucket is only accessible using customer credentials (for security reasons). In addition, all access to the bucket is audited.
NOTE: Data Locker impressions support is in beta.
Access to AWS Data
Once the required data is configured, the AWS credentials is available. You should use the AWS Access Key and AWS Secret key to access the data.
NOTE: This feature is only visible to account owners.
Data Locker files are based on Raw Data Reports V5 (see: Raw Data Reports V5).
See attached sample file of a CSV file below.
- We run a daily batch job that completes around 9:00 am GMT that populates the bucket with the relevant report.
- Folder structure is: appsflyerreports/<Home Folder>/account/<event-type>-<date YYYY-MM-dd>
- The Home Folder is the Home Folder found in the Credential Details window (see screenshot above).
For example for the date 2016-08-12 the relevant report appears under:
** assuming the home folder is support-appsflyer-com
- Each file includes all of the selected apps in the Data Locker configuration. apps registered to the account at the time of the report job initialization (relating to both Organic and Non-Organic installs).
- The report files under those folders are zipped with gz. (to make the download process efficient at the client end).
- The actual data file is CSV but its name is part-00000 (with no file ext)
- Any file generated on S3 is available for 30 days.
Accessing the Data
The data can be accessed in two different ways:
- AppsFlyer generates an AWS principle (ARN in Amazon terms) under our account and generate AWSKey and AWSSecret credentials for that principle. We then set a policy to allow that principle to both browse and retrieve files from the bucket. Once you get the credentials from the Credential Details section you can access the bucket using any AWS command line tool as well as most FTP clients.
- Optionally, an email can be sent with a secure URL link to the stored reports. The report URL links require login in order to be downloaded.
An AWS GUI Client example:
For AWS Cli Tools, perform the following steps:
Open Terminal at your HOME folder (use the Bucket Name as the Home Folder):
- Enter aws configure
- Enter your AWS Access Key
- Enter your AWS Secret Key
- Enter eu-west-1
- Click Enter (None)
Now to list your files under your bucket:
'aws s3 ls s3://appsflyerreports/<<home-folder>>/'
** valid for LINUX base OS