Tencent Social Ads, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is one of the leading agencies in digital marketing.
To configure your campaigns with Tencent Social Ads, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Tencent Social Ads
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Tencent Social Ads" in the search field and click on its logo to open the Tencent Social Ads configuration window.
The Tencent Social Ads configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Data enrichment and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
This section is used for connecting the partner with AppsFlyer. Relevant messages for the advertiser regarding the specific partner also appear here.
Tencent Social Ads require connecting with AppsFlyer via a unique Tencent App ID, Encrypt Key and Sign Key given to the advertiser by the partner.
To obtain these credentials, in the Tencent Configuration window, do the following:
- Select Enable Attribution.
- Enter your Tencent Account ID. Your Tencent Account ID can be found in the top bar inside the Tencent platform. Make sure to only take the numeric digits from your ID.
- Enter the Tencent App ID for the App you are promoting.
For iOS, this is the same App ID listed in iTunes.
Tencent App ID of this iOS App is id554782625.
For Android, the Tencent App ID can be found by following the steps outlined below:
Login to the Tencent Apps Management platform using this link: http://op.open.qq.com/
The default view is that of the Android applications. Select the app you want to promote from the list:
4. Copy the Tencent App ID, as in the screenshot below.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Tencent Social Ads.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
In-App Event Settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with the partner via postbacks.
- Set the IDs again here
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Fill in the following parameters in the table below
- Click Save.
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - don't see the event you want in the list? Make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the partner's side. There are several options here:
Text field - get the corresponding event ID from the partner.
Drop down box - select the most suitable pre-defined event for your event. Some integrations have the CUSTOM value, which enables sending your SDK event as is to the partner.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
Tracking Link Tab
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant to the partner, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for the partner, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to the partner.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Tencent Social Ads Platform
Tencent operates the leading social, media and mobile utilities properties in China.
Tencent Social Ads enables marketers to run app install campaigns on Weixin / WeChat, the company’s mobile communication platform with over 800 million combined monthly active users; QQ, its instant messaging service with nearly 900 million monthly active users; and other Tencent properties including QQ Music, QQ Browser, Myapp and others.