Tencent Social Ads, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is one of the leading agencies in digital marketing. Tencent operates the leading social, media and mobile utilities properties in China.
Tencent enables marketers to run app install campaigns on Weixin / WeChat, the company’s mobile communication platform with over 800 million combined monthly active users; QQ, its instant messaging service with nearly 900 million monthly active users; and other Tencent properties including QQ Music, QQ Browser, Myapp and others.
- IMEI is mandatory for Android App tracking, IDFA is mandatory for iOS App tracking. For details of the AppsFlyer SDK Integration, refer to the guides Android and iOS.
- To promote your Android App via Tencent, you must upload your Android App to the Tencent Developer Platform, here.
- For more details about Tencent, click here.
To configure your campaigns with Tencent, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Tencent Campaign
Once you have registered your app with AppsFlyer, you must setup a campaign in the dashboard.
To do this, click the app that you want to advertise or select Overview from the dropdown menu.
Configuring the Integrated Partner
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Tencent" in the search field and select "Tencent - New API" to open the Tencent configuration window.
The Tencent configuration window includes 2 active tabs: Integration and Tracking link. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below. This section is used for connecting the partner with AppsFlyer. Relevant messages for the advertiser regarding the specific partner also appear here.
Tencent requires connecting with AppsFlyer via a unique Tencent App ID, Encrypt Key and Sign Key given to the advertiser by the partner.
To obtain these credentials, in the Tencent Configuration window, do the following:
- Select Enable Attribution.
- Enter your Tencent Account ID. Your Tencent Account ID can be found in the top bar inside the Tencent platform. Make sure to only take the numeric digits from your ID.
- Enter the Tencent App ID for the App you are promoting.
For iOS, this is the same App ID listed in iTunes.
Tencent App ID of this iOS App is 554782625.
For Android, the Tencent App ID can be found by following the steps outlined below:
Login to the Tencent Apps Management platform using this link: http://op.open.qq.com/
- Copy the Tencent App ID, as in the screenshot below.
- Click Save in the AppsFlyer dashboard.
- Click API Authentication. The Authorization screen opens, click to authorize AppsFlyer for attribution.
- Click Save.
In-App Event Settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with the partner via postbacks.
- Set the IDs again here
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Fill in the following parameters in the table below
- Click Save.
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - don't see the event you want in the list? Make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the partner's side. There are several options here:
Text field - get the corresponding event ID from the partner.
Drop down box - select the most suitable pre-defined event for your event. Some integrations have the CUSTOM value, which enables sending your SDK event as is to the partner.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
Tracking Link Tab
In this tab, you can create the tracking links you want to send to Tencent for tracking Tencent's campaigns, ad sets or even single ads. Note that AppsFlyer DOES NOT save your generated partner's tracking links.
Tracking Link Parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the tracking link.
Adding parameters to the tracking link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the tracking link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Tencent.
Tracking link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Tencent campaigns.
Tracking link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Tencent.
Tracking link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Tracking link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Tracking link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the tracking link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Tracking Link Structure and Parameters.
Get the AppsFlyer Tracking link and paste it on the Tencent dashboard.
Go to the Tencent dashboard >> Tool Box >> Conversion:
Click Acquire Click Data:
Enter the AppsFlyer Tracking Link in the Feedback URL field and any other information to enable the click tracking.
Now the tracking service for your User Acquisition campaigns on Tencent has been activated. You can start promoting your Apps on Tencent. If you want to pause the tracking, you can simply uncheck the “Enable Attribution” item in the configuration window.
- Android and iOS apps should be configured separately.
- Performance data is not split by campaign/creative on AppsFlyer's dashboard.
- Advertisers and Agencies should perform the configuration separately.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Tencent.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Cost integration is not available for Tencent.
Ad Revenue Tab
Ad revenue integration is not available for Tencent.
Permissions configuration is not available for Tencent.