At a glance: Tencent Ads, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, operates social media and mobile utility properties in China, and enables marketers to run app install campaigns on:
- Weixin/WeChat, the company’s mobile communication platform,
- QQ, its instant messaging service,
- QQ Music,
- QQ Browser,
- Myapp, and more.
- Make sure that your SDK collects IMEI for Android app attribution and IDFA for iOS App attribution. More about AppsFlyer SDK Integration: Android, iOS.
- If you promote Android apps via Tencent, they must be uploaded to the Tencent Developer Platform.
Tencent is a self-reporting network (SRN). This means it has direct integration with AppsFlyer and doesn’t require custom click links for attribution.
Tencent-AppsFlyer Integrations created starting Feb 13, 2020, and later, are SRN integrations.
If you activated the integration with Tencent before Feb 13, 2020, you still need to use click links for attribution.
Depending on your integration type, the following tabs setup is mandatory:
- For SRN configuration, Integration only.
- For link-type configuration, Integration and Attribution link.
- For both types, it's highly advised to configure Permissions, to allow Tencent's access to the integration.
Setting up Tencent integration
To access Tencent settings:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- Search for Tencent and select it.
- Update settings according to the following instructions.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
The partner must be activated by switching on the Activate partner toggle on the first visit, to enable its setup.
Note: this section of the integration tab is available only if you use links for attribution.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Tencent following user installs. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select This partner only for events coming only from users attributed to Tencent.
Select All sources, including organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to Tencent.
If you're an advertiser and the Sending option is greyed out (read-only mode), contact your CSM to make it configurable.
If you're an agency, the option available by default is This partner only. To be able to send all events to Tencent, ask the advertiser the following:
- Authenticate with a Tencent account (different from yours) on AppsFlyer.
- Select the option All sources, including organic under Default postbacks.
Note: if you use links for attribution, click-through window duration can be configured in the Attribution link tab.
Set the maximum period of time after an ad click, within which an install can be attributed to the ad. The shortest possible duration of the window is 1 hour, and the longest is 30 days.
Agencies cannot configure click-through attribution window, but can see the configuration done by the advertiser.
In-app event settings
In this section, you can configure in-app event postbacks that are sent to Tencent.
Agencies can set up the event settings and postbacks within the limits of permissions received from the advertiser.
To configure in-app event postbacks,
- Enter again your Tencent Account ID and Tencent App ID.
- Activate In-app event postbacks
- Click Add event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Fill in the following parameters in the table below
Parameter name Description SDK event name The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK, or from server-to-server events.
Tip: If you don't see the event you want in the list, activate this event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
Partner event identifier The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the partner's side. Select the most suitable pre-defined event for your SDK event. Sending option Select the sending option for the event:
This partner only for events coming only from users attributed to Tencent
All sources, including organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
Send event data
- No values & no revenue: sends only the event itself without the event value.
- Values & no revenue: sends all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- Values & revenue: sends all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- Click Save.
Note, the instructions in this chapter are relevant ONLY if you use links for attribution.
Generate click attribution links using this tab. More about link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link:
- Select a parameter from the Parameter name drop-down list and set a value.
- Click Add parameter and repeat the above step to add more parameters.
- Set the duration of the click-through lookback window.
- Copy the attribution link and add it to your campaign on Tencent.
Note: AppsFlyer does not save links.
Attribution link and lookback window
|Attribution link type||Link activation||Lookback window|
|Click||A user clicks on an ad served by the ad network||
Click-through lookback window is preset; it is the maximum allowed time from click to install.
Example: An install (first launch) made after the click—but before the expiry of the lookback window — is attributed to Tencent.
Parameter name: af_click_lookback
Typical link parameters
|Campaign||c||Due to user privacy, Tencent doesn't share campaign names with AppsFlyer. You can see campaign names only in your Tencent Ads account. You can add a campaign name to the attribution link but since Tencent accounts are limited to one attribution link, the campaign name can only be used to distinguish between Tencent accounts. As a general rule, avoid adding campaign name parameters to the attribution link when configuring a campaign with Tencent.|
|Adset||af_adset||Use to differentiate add sets.|
|Ad name||af_ad||Use to differentiate between creatives within the add set.|
Use to attribute installs to specific publishers.
Good practice! If there are multiple publishers,
|Subscriber parameters||af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, and af_sub5||
Use to insert additional useful values.
After you copy the attribution link in AppsFlyer dashboard,
- Go to Tencent dashboard >> Tool Box >> API Conversion :
- Enter the AppsFlyer attribution link and finish an install or In-app events test.
Now, the attribution service for your User Acquisition campaigns on Tencent has been activated. You can start promoting your apps on Tencent.
- Android and iOS apps should be configured separately.
- Advertisers and Agencies should perform the configuration separately.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
|Geo||Media source||Campaign||Adset||Ad||Site ID|
To enable Tencent cost API:
- In the integrated partner Cost tab, enable Get Cost Data.
- Log in to Tencent.
- Click Save Cost.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue integration is not available for Tencent.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Tencent. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Tencent, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Tencent.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow spend ingestion - permit the partner to send ad spend data in files; for this app only.
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Viewing Tencent data by platform and ad placement
When you create a campaign on the Tencent side, you can choose between different advertising platforms and ad placements. The performance data of the different ad placements can be viewed in the AppsFlyer Overview dashboard.
To see the performance by platform, group the data by Channel. The following platforms are available:
To see the performance by ad placement, group the data by SiteID. The following ad placements are available:
- Tencent Advertising - Tencent News
- Tencent Advertising - Tencent Video
- Tencent Advertising - Tencent Android App
- Tencent Advertising - Tencent Audience Ads
- Tencent Advertising - XQ Series
- WeChat MP Advertising - WeChat