At a glance: Understand your AppsFlyer invoices. Download a usage report detailing units used during a calendar month (account admin only).
The calculation of your AppsFlyer invoice depends on a number of factors, as determined by your plan, including:
- Units used: For the Growth plan, your invoice is calculated and issued monthly, based on the number of units used during the month. For Enterprise packages, the number of units used is deducted from total package units.
- Premium features: Premium features are charged as add-ons to your plan. Examples of premium features include Protect360 (mobile fraud protection), Xpend (cost data), Audiences, Pivot table, and Data Locker, and more. To learn more about these features and their potential benefits for your business, check with your CSM or contact email@example.com.
What is a unit?
The unit on which your invoices are based is defined by your plan. You can find it on the My plan page in your AppsFlyer account.
Possible invoice units are described in the following table:
|Non-organic installs (NOI)||Attributed new app installs|
|Re-engagements||Existing users engage in a retargeting campaign, which leads to app launches||Retargeting dashboard|
|Re-attributions||Former users engage in a retargeting campaign, which leads to new app installs and app launches||Retargeting dashboard|
Monthly active users (MAU)
|Number of unique users who opened the app during the month||Activity dashboard metrics|
Any action performed by a user in an app following the install (for example: login, complete tutorial, purchase, achieved game level, etc.)
|Rich in-app events guide|
Non-direct web conversions
Any user action on your website that:
|People-Based Attribution (PBA)|
Billing for iOS apps
With the introduction of iOS 14.5, AppsFlyer utilizes two methods to determine campaign performance and attribution for iOS apps:
- Aggregated SKAdNetwork data (validated by AppsFlyer)
- AppsFlyer privacy-centric RTA
These two methods run independently and in parallel.
AppsFlyer performs a side-by-side comparison of the number of daily conversions measured by SKAdNetwork and those measured by AppsFlyer RTA for each media source. The higher of the two numbers will be taken into account for billing. This ensures that you will never be charged twice for the same conversion event.
Learn more about AppsFlyer's iOS billing policy.
For a detailed listing of all units used during a calendar month, download a usage report from the My plan page.
Important notes about usage reports
- Usage reports and invoices are calculated based on the UTC+0 time zone. As a result, you might notice slight discrepancies between usage reports and the data reported on dashboards, Cohort reports, and other aggregated reports.
- Each calendar month's usage report is available from the 2nd day of the following month. (For example, the first day you can download the report for May 2021 is on June 2, 2021.)
- Usage reports are available for 24 months from the report month.
- Usage reports are not supported for MAU plans.
- Only the account admin can download usage reports.
Downloading usage reports
To download a usage report from the My plan page:
From the list of available usage reports, click Request report for the month(s) you want to download.
The status of the report changes to In queue.
It can take several hours to compile a usage report.
While the report is processing, the status will change from In queue to In progress.
Once the report is ready for download, the status will change to a Download link.
Click Download to save the report as a zipped CSV file (with a ZIP file extension).
If the status of the report you want to download appears as anything other than Request report, it means that someone in your organization has already requested the report. When the report is ready for download, you will see a Download link and be able to download it as well.
Once the report for a specific month is available for download, you do not need to request the report again. It will remain available for download for 24 months following the report month.
Understanding usage reports
Usage reports show aggregate conversions grouped by date, app, media source, conversion source, and conversion type—making it easy to sort, filter, or pivot by any of these dimensions. They do not include non-chargeable conversions (for example, organic installs).
Usage report fields are described in the following table:
|Account Name||AppsFlyer account or subaccount name|
|Admin email address for AppsFlyer account or subaccount|
|App/Bundle ID||App ID from the relevant app store -or- Bundle ID from AppsFlyer People-Based Attribution|
|App/Bundle Name||App or bundle name as identified in AppsFlyer|
|Media Source||The media source to which the conversions were attributed|
Source of aggregate attribution data
Possible values include:
Type of attributed conversions
Possible values include:
The Conversion Type field is not populated for Protect360 - post attribution conversions.
Total number of units charged