At a glance: Discover what is an account admin and how, when necessary, to replace one.
What is an account admin
It happens, sometimes your account admin will change. An AppsFlyer account has one account admin (admin) who is also known as an account owner:
- One admin per account
- Access to and can change the settings for all apps registered in the account
- Adds new team members, and sets their permissions and app access
- Assigns admin capabilities to team members
- Learn more about team members and admins
Replacing an admin
It is important to find a replacement admin before the current one leaves. Due to the wide-ranging access permissions held by an admin, AppsFlyer must confirm your new admin.
- When a new admin is created, this resets reporting API tokens (Pull, Master, and GDPR).
- Use a reset token to update your scripts and automated procedures.
Requesting an admin change
To begin the replacement process, an email must be sent from the email account of the current admin.
What if the admin has left your company? Ask your IT team to enable you to send an email from the former admin's email account.
Preparing an email request
Complete the email fields as noted in the table and use the sample email as a reference.
|Subject||Request to change the account admin - [your entity name]|
|Message||Name and role (title) of the replacement admin|
Use this example as an email template:
Following up on a change request
Send the email and wait for notification of the change.