Reports are exported to CSV files. The CSV files can be delivered by download, email, Pull API and Data locker.
CSV reports can be delivered using one or more of the following methods:
* An AppsFlyer premium feature
The method you use depends on the report size and frequency you use the same report. In general, for reports, you need ad-hoc use the download/email method. See selecting the right data API for a comparison of the different APIs and Data locker.
This article contains the procedure to merge (combine) multiple CSV files.
Download or email
Report download limitations
- Reports can hold up to 200K rows
- Reports only hold data 60 days at a time out of the last 90 days
- Reports may take up to 2 minutes to download depending on the size of the generated report
- For large reports like raw data, you can limit the size of the reports and data range to reduce the number of rows and time it takes to generate and download.
To download or email a report:
- Go to Reports > Export Data.
- Filter the search criteria, as needed, by selecting:
- Media source
- Date range: LTV or activity date range depends on the specific type
- Select a report
- Select download or email:
Note: App-specific time zone
- Download: Direct download to your desktop. Depending on the size of the report, it may take a few minutes to prepare the report.
- Email: The report is delivered to you by email.
- Download: uses the app-specific time zone
- Email: uses time zone: UTC+0.
Most of the reports can be delivered (downloaded) using pull API. If pull API is available this is indicated in the guide to aggregate and raw data reports. See pull API reports. Note: API use is subject to the AppsFlyer use policy.
To retrieve the necessary pull API link that includes all the necessary parameters:
- Go to Integration > API Access.
- Select the report.
- Click on the API link to copy it.
- Open a new tab in the browser.
- Paste the API link in the address bar.
- Modify the date fields to the desired date range.
- Press Enter.
Merging CSV files
To merge several CSV reports into a single file.
Raw data files of installs and in-app events. These reports have the same basic structure so by merging them you can see whole user lifetime actions
- Files of the same report from different time spans
There are many ways to merge files, which depend on the desktop OS you are using.
To merge CSV files using Windows:
- Download all CSV files to an empty folder, for example, C:\temp.
- Go to the command prompt, to do so, Press Windows+R
- Enter copy *.csv all.csv
The CSV files are merged into a single csv file called all.csv
- On Linux/Unix based systems use the command cat *.csv >all.csv