At a glance: TikTok for Business (bytedanceglobal_int), is an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner providing app owners with the ability to measure click-based mobile attribution with AppsFlyer.
- Setting up TikTok for influencers (creator accounts)
- Bytedance platform for China traffic, Ocean Engine Ads (bytedance_int)
- SKAN interoperation with TikTok for Business
Setting up TikTok For Business integration
AppsFlyer integration with TikTok For Business supports click attribution, cost, ad revenue, and audiences.
Learn more on how to set up a campaign on TikTok. Note that the campaign name shouldn't start from or end with a white space, as it may cause discrepancies in dashboards and reports
The setup is done from the Active Integrated Partners page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- Go to the Marketplace: From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
Update setting tab content as required.
In this tab, you can configure your integration with TikTok for business.
To enable and configure the integration:
- Turn Activate partner on. Activate partner must be enabled for as long as you work with the partner.
- [Optional] Enter your TikTok App ID available in your TikTok Ads dashboard.
- TikTok App ID is a unique code generated in TikTok Ads Manager and is used by TikTok to confirm advertiser ownership of their apps.
- Although not mandatory, it is recommended to enter your App ID of all your apps.
This helps you to better control your TikTok For Business data and to unlock additional products.
- To add more than one TikTok App ID:
- Enter your first TikTok App ID.
- Press Enter.
- Enter your next TikTok App ID.
- Configuring a TikTok App ID doesn't impact your data in AppsFlyer.
- Learn more about TikTok App ID requirements for iOS 14.
- [Optional] Enable View-Through attribution. The view-through window is set using the attribution link.
TikTok For Business is using enhanced data privacy measures to protect people using their services. Starting October 23, 2021, TikTok For Business is providing advertisers with limited view-through attribution data at the device level. For user-level sources such as raw data reports, Push API messages, Pull API reports, Export data page, and Data Locker the following fields are populated:
- Media source (bytedanceglobal_int)
- Attributed touch type (impression)
- Attributed touch time (reported as date only - "dd/mm/yyyy")
- Campaign is reported as "restricted"
Note that this data isn't available in GCD.
Aggregate data reports continue to display view-through conversions.
- Send postbacks to TikTok For Business following user installs. Select an option from:
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming from users attributed to TikTok For Business.
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to report all installs to TikTok For Business. Meaning that TikTok has information about your entire user base.
- [Optional] To send in-app event postbacks to TikTok For Business:
- Enable in-app event postbacks
- [Optional] Set the in-app event postback window.
- Select the sending option for events:
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner.
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner.
- Click Add Event to add an SDK or server-to-server event to the list. The table that follows describes the fields you need to complete.
Note: The event name for a Custom event can contain up to 50 characters, including lower-case alpha-numeric characters (a-z and 0-9), underscores, and dashes. The event name must start with a letter.
- Click Save Integration.
The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated into your app or from server-to-server events.
|mapped to partner event||
The unique name or ID of each event, as defined on the partner's side. Possible mapping configurations are:
|for users from||
Select the sending option for the event:
Select which event data to share with the partner in the postback:
TikTok For Business event identifiers
|User completes a Purchase transaction (Note: If you want to postback Purchase/Pay events to TikTok For Business, you must send the revenue currency code as part of the JSON sent in the eventValue parameter. Make sure that you do so for events sent by SDK and events sent by S2S.)|
|View_content||User views content|
|Checkout||User checks out|
|Add_to_cart||User adds product to cart|
|Unlock_achievement||User unlocks an achievement (for example, in a game, reaches a spend milestone)|
|Start_trial||User starts a trial|
|Spend_credits||User spends points/credits earned (for example, Loyalty points)|
|Search||User searches for a product|
|Rate||User rates a product|
|Login||User logs into the app|
|Loan_disbursal||User is disbursed the loan amount|
|Loan_approval||User's loan application gets approved|
|Loan_application||User applies for Loan|
|Achieve_level||User completes a level (for example, in a game)|
|Join_group||User joins a group|
|InApp_ad_impr||User views an impression|
|InApp_ad_click||User clicks on an ad|
|Generate_lead||User expresses interest in a product (lead generation)|
|Create_role||User creates a role|
|Create_group||User creates a group (for example, group on PubG, group on WhatsApp)|
|Complete_tutorial||User completes a tutorial|
|Launch_app||User launches the app|
|Add_to_wishlist||User adds product to wishlist|
|Add_payment_info||User adds payment information|
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
When generating the attribution link, select parameters from the list below and map them to the TikTok For Business parameters name detailed in the table.
TikTok For Business
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an ROI360 subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
- Connect at least one advertiser ID.
- You can get your advertiser account ID from TikTok. In your TikTok business account, go to Users > Members, and under the Advertiser account, you can see the ID.
- Make sure the advertiser ID you add is related to TikTok account you connected in step 1.
- You can add up to 30 advertiser IDs.
- Note: It can take up to 24 hours for any changes related to advertiser IDs to take effect.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Using the same advertiser ID with the same app for both the advertiser and agency accounts is likely to cause duplicate costs!
This section is relevant if you are acting as a publisher, displaying ads of the partner to your users. As such, you would certainly like to measure the engagement of your users acquired from different sources, to find the most profitable sources for you.
To enable the ad revenue API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant TikTok for Business to perform certain actions. Note that even if attribution is disabled for TikTok for Business, the permissions tab is active and you can grant TikTok for Business permissions.
Learn more about the permissions you can grant.
Traits and limitations
|Action cannot be completed||TikTok has started blocking non-business accounts from adding links redirecting to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. For more information see working with affiliate marketers|