At a glance: TikTok for Business (bytedanceglobal_int), is an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner providing app owners with the ability to measure click-based mobile attribution with AppsFlyer.
Related reading: Bytedance platform for China traffic, Ocean Engine Ads (bytedance_int)
Setting up TikTok For Business integration
AppsFlyer integration with TikTok For Business supports click attribution, cost, ad revenue, and audiences.
Note that for non-consenting iOS 14.5+ users, Probabilistic modeling is not supported for TikTok For Business.
To activate the integration with TikTok For Business:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- Search for and select TikTok For Business.
- In the Integration tab, turn Activate partner on.
Update settings (per tab) as required.
Update setting tab content as required.
In this tab, you can configure your integration with TikTok for business.
To enable and configure the integration:
- Turn Activate partner on. Activate partner must be enabled for as long as you work with the partner.
- [Optional] Enter your TikTok App ID available in your TikTok Ads dashboard.
- TikTok App ID is a unique code generated in TikTok Ads Manager and is used by TikTok to confirm advertiser ownership of their apps.
- Although not mandatory, it is recommended to enter your App ID of all your apps.
This helps you to better control your TikTok For Business data and to unlock additional products.
To add more than one TikTok App ID:
- Enter your first TikTok App ID.
- Press Enter.
- Enter your next TikTok App ID.
- Configuring a TikTok App ID doesn't impact your data in AppsFlyer.
- Learn more about TikTok App ID requirements for iOS 14.
- [Optional] Enable View-Through attribution. The view-through window is set using the attribution link.
TikTok For Business is using enhanced data privacy measures to protect people using their services. Starting October 23, 2021, TikTok For Business is providing advertisers with limited view-through attribution data at the device level. For user-level sources such as raw data reports, Push API messages, Pull API reports, and Data Locker the following fields are populated:
- Media source (bytedanceglobal_int)
- Attributed touch type (impression)
- Attributed touch time (reported as date only - "dd/mm/yyyy")
- Campaign is reported as "restricted"
Aggregate data reports continue to display view-through conversions.
- AppsFlyer sends postbacks to TikTok For Business following user installs. Select an option from:
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming from users attributed to TikTok For Business.
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to report all installs to TikTok For Business. Meaning that TikTok has information about your entire user base.
- [Optional] To send in-app event postbacks to TikTok For Business:
- Enable in-app event postbacks
- [Optional] Set the in-app event postback window.
- Select the Sending Option for SDK defined events:
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner.
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner.
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list. The table that follows describes the fields you need to complete.
- Click Save Integration.
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on TikTok for Business' side. Select the most suitable name from the dropdown list.|
When unchecked: AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked: AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
|User completes a Purchase transaction (Note: If you want to postback Purchase/Pay events to TikTok For Business, you must send the revenue currency code as part of the JSON sent in the eventValue parameter. Make sure that you do so for events sent by SDK and events sent by S2S.)|
|View_content||User views content|
|Checkout||User checks out|
|Add_to_cart||User adds product to cart|
|Unlock_achievement||User unlocks an achievement (for example, in a game, reaches a spend milestone)|
|Start_trial||User starts a trial|
|Spend_credits||User spends points/credits earned (for example, Loyalty points)|
|Search||User searches for a product|
|Rate||User rates a product|
|Login||User logs into the app|
|Loan_disbursal||User is disbursed the loan amount|
|Loan_approval||User's loan application gets approved|
|Loan_application||User applies for Loan|
|Achieve_level||User completes a level (for example, in a game)|
|Join_group||User joins a group|
|InApp_ad_impr||User views an impression|
|InApp_ad_click||User clicks on an ad|
|Generate_lead||User expresses interest in a product (lead generation)|
|Create_role||User creates a role|
|Create_group||User creates a group (for example, group on PubG, group on WhatsApp)|
|Complete_tutorial||User completes a tutorial|
|Launch_app||User launches the app|
|Add_to_wishlist||User adds product to wishlist|
|Add_payment_info||User adds payment information|
To generate an attribution link:
- Select a parameter from the Parameter name list and set its Value to the TikTok For Business parameters name detailed in the table that follows.
- Click Add parameter and repeat the preceding step to add more parameters.
- Set the duration of the click-through lookback window. Default 7 days.
- Set the duration of the view-through lookback window. Default 1 day.
- Copy the click-attribution link and send it to TikTok For Business.
TikTok For Business
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to TikTok for Business to be activated when at least one pixel of a corresponding ad is shown.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
This section is relevant if you are acting as a publisher, displaying ads of the partner to your users. As such, you would certainly like to measure the engagement of your users acquired from different sources, to find the most profitable sources for you.
To enable the ad revenue API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant TikTok for Business to perform certain actions. Note that even if attribution is disabled for TikTok for Business, the permissions tab is active and you can grant TikTok for Business permissions.
Learn more about the permissions you can grant.
Configuring campaigns on TikTok For Business
To configure campaigns on TikTok For Business:
- Log in to TikTok for Business.
- In the top menu, go to Library > Event > Create New App.
- Complete the following in Create New App Section:
- Download URL Setting
- Tracking Setting
- App Event Setting (Install event will automatically postback to TikTok For Business)
- Create Ads
- Data Reporting on TikTok For Business - Library - Event - App Page
AppsFlyer shows the lifetime value on the Overview dashboard, while TikTok For Business has a different method. Please find below the definitions of related metrics on TikTok For Business - Library - Event - App Page:
Event Type - The types of standard event received.
Statistics - It shows how your events are counted for each event type. “Once” means only 1 event per ad interaction within 30 days is counted.
Attributed Events - The number of events attributed to your ads, using the "Statistics" logic.