At a glance: TikTok for Business (bytedanceglobal_int), is an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner providing app owners with the ability to measure click-based mobile attribution with AppsFlyer.
Related reading: Bytedance platform for China traffic, Ocean Engine Ads (bytedance_int)
Setting up TikTok For Business integration
AppsFlyer integration with TikTok For Business supports click attribution, cost, ad revenue, and audiences.
To activate the integration with TikTok For Business:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- Search for and select TikTok For Business.
- In the Integration tab, turn Activate partner on.
Update settings (per tab) as required.
Update setting tab content as required.
In this tab, you can configure your integration with TikTok for business.
To enable and configure the integration:
- Turn Activate partner on. Activate partner must be enabled for as long as you work with the partner.
- [Optional] Enter your TikTok App ID available in your TikTok Ads dashboard.
- TikTok App ID is a unique code generated in TikTok Ads Manager and is used by TikTok to confirm advertiser ownership of their apps.
- Although not mandatory, it is recommended to enter your App ID of all your apps.
This helps you to better control your TikTok For Business data and to unlock additional products.
- To add more than one TikTok App ID:
- Enter your first TikTok App ID.
- Press Enter.
- Enter your next TikTok App ID.
- Configuring a TikTok App ID doesn't impact your data in AppsFlyer.
- Learn more about TikTok App ID requirements for iOS 14.
- [Optional] Enable View-Through attribution. The view-through window is set using the attribution link.
Starting July 28, 2021, TikTok For Business introduced enhanced data privacy measures to protect people using their services. As such, TikTok For Business no longer provides advertisers with view-through attribution data at the device level. Starting from the effective date, view-through conversions and the associated in-app events are displayed as a restricted media source. As a result, AppsFlyer might not attribute conversion-assisting impressions to TikTok For Business. The associated attribution fields in user-level sources such as raw data reports, Push API messages, Pull API reports, are not populated. Aggregate data reports continue to display view-through conversions.
- AppsFlyer sends postbacks to TikTok For Business following user installs. Select an option from:
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming from users attributed to TikTok For Business.
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to report all installs to TikTok For Business. Meaning that TikTok has information about your entire user base.
- [Optional] To send in-app event postbacks to TikTok For Business:
- Enable in-app event postbacks
- [Optional] Set the in-app event postback window.
- Select the Sending Option for SDK defined events:
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner.
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner.
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list. The table that follows describes the fields you need to complete.
- Click Save Integration.
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on TikTok for Business' side. Select the most suitable name from the dropdown list.|
|Send Revenue||When unchecked: AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked: AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
|Pay(Purchase)||User completes a Purchase transaction (Note: If you want to postback Purchase/Pay events to TikTok For Business, please ensure that you have set currency in its JSON value)|
|View_content||User views content|
|Checkout||User checks out|
|Add_to_cart||User adds product to cart|
|Unlock_achievement||User unlocks an achievement (for example, in a game, reaches a spend milestone)|
|Start_trial||User starts a trial|
|Spend_credits||User spends points/credits earned (for example, Loyalty points)|
|Search||User searches for a product|
|Rate||User rates a product|
|Login||User logs into the app|
|Loan_disbursal||User is disbursed the loan amount|
|Loan_approval||User's loan application gets approved|
|Loan_application||User applies for Loan|
|Achieve_level||User completes a level (for example, in a game)|
|Join_group||User joins a group|
|InApp_ad_impr||User views an impression|
|InApp_ad_click||User clicks on an ad|
|Generate_lead||User expresses interest in a product (lead generation)|
|Create_role||User creates a role|
|Create_group||User creates a group (for example, group on PubG, group on WhatsApp)|
|Complete_tutorial||User completes a tutorial|
|Launch_app||User launches the app|
|Add_to_wishlist||User adds product to wishlist|
|Add_payment_info||User adds payment information|
To generate an attribution link:
- Select a parameter from the Parameter name list and set its Value to the TikTok For Business parameters name detailed in the table that follows.
- Click Add parameter and repeat the preceding step to add more parameters.
- Set the duration of the click-through lookback window. Default 7 days.
- Set the duration of the view-through lookback window. Default 1 day.
- Copy the click-attribution link and send it to TikTok For Business.
TikTok For Business
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to TikTok for Business to be activated when at least one pixel of a corresponding ad is shown.
- TikTok For Business provides cost data using Cost API.
- Dimensions supported: Campaign, adset, ad, geo
- Retroactive data: When the cost API is initially enabled, we pull active campaigns retroactive data for up to seven days.
- You need your TikTok For Business login credentials to set the cost API integration.
To enable the cost API:
- Go to the Cost tab.
Enable Get Cost Data.
Click Log in to TikTok For Business.
The TikTok For Business login window opens.
- Complete the following steps if prompted to do so by TikTok For Business:
- Login to TikTok For Business.
- Review and accept the Platform Services Agreement.
- Select Add a new connection.
- Click Add Connection.
TikTok For Business is connected to AppsFlyer.
- Click Save Cost.
To delete a connected account:
Pangle provides aggregate level ad revenue attribution. To learn more about Pangle, please click here.
Before you begin
From your Pangle dashboard you need to get the following credentials:
- App ID
- Secure Key
- Account ID
To enable ad revenue attribution for this partner:
- Go to the Ad revenue tab.
- Enable Get Ad Revenue Data From Pangle.
- Complete the credential fields.
- Select the type of aggregated ad revenue data you want to receive: Attributed revenue and/or Aggregated monetization revenue:
- Attributed Revenue: Revenue based on the user acquisition source.
In Event Source, select in-app event that represents the ad monetization trigger. This event is usually sent for each ad impression. For example, ad watched or video watched.
- Aggregated monetization revenue: Revenue based on the ad source.
- Attributed Revenue: Revenue based on the user acquisition source.
- Click Save Ad revenue.
- Click Test Connection.
- Do one of the following:
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant TikTok for Business to perform certain actions. Note that even if attribution is disabled for TikTok for Business, the permissions tab is active and you can grant TikTok for Business permissions.
Learn more about the permissions you can grant.
Configuring campaigns on TikTok For Business
To configure campaigns on TikTok For Business:
- Log in to TikTok for Business.
- In the top menu, go to Library > Event > Create New App.
- Complete the following in Create New App Section:
- Download URL Setting
- Tracking Setting
- App Event Setting (Install event will automatically postback to TikTok For Business)
- Create Ads
- Data Reporting on TikTok For Business - Library - Event - App Page
AppsFlyer shows the lifetime value on the Overview dashboard, while TikTok For Business has a different method. Please find below the definitions of related metrics on TikTok For Business - Library - Event - App Page:
Event Type - The types of standard event received.
Statistics - It shows how your events are counted for each event type. “Once” means only 1 event per ad interaction within 30 days is counted.
Attributed Events - The number of events attributed to your ads, using the "Statistics" logic.