Winclap, an AppsFlyer integrated partner, is a solution that offers click-based and view-through mobile attribution for search, social, and programmatic media sources. In addition, Winclap offers click-based retargeting that AppsFlyer measures.
When using Winclap for BI or post-attribution analytics, see Winclap Analytics configuration.
Setting up Winclap
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- Enter "Winclap" in the search field.
- Click Winclap.
The Winclap configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, and Permissions. See the chapters below for the tabs setup.
For a detailed description about Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings section in the Integration tab is mandatory
- All other sections are either descriptive or optional
The Integration tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you need to switch ON the Activate Partner toggle to enable setup of the integration parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Enter the winclap_advertiser_id. If you do not know it, you can get it from your Winclap account manager.Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Winclap. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer sends postbacks to Winclap following user installs. Only events attributed to Winclap are reported.
In-app events settings
In this section, you can map which of your in-app events to send to Winclap using postbacks:
- Switch In-App Event Postbacks to ON.
- (optional) Set the In-app event postback window (read more about in-app event postback window configuration).
- Sending Option for SDK defined events: Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner. No action required here.
- Click Add Event to add an SDK event to the list.
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip: Don't see the event you are looking for? Enter the SDK Event Name, click Create custom, and map normally. Read more about custom event mapping.
|Partner Event Identifier||
The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Winclap's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Winclap and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
By adding parameters to the attribution link you can perform drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Winclap.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Winclap campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific Winclap campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Winclap.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Winclap to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Winclap, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Winclap to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Cost Integration is not available for Winclap.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported by Winclap.
Use these toggles to give Winclap permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad network permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Use these toggles to give the agency permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Main toggle - Set to On to reveal the agency permissions options
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the agency's own retention data
- Allow access to aggregate organic data
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the agency to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
Learn more about granting agency permissions.