At a glance: Mailchimp, an email delivery and analytics platform, embeds AppsFlyer OneLink within emails. Email recipients who click the link are deep linked into your app.
ESPs (Email Service Providers) can be excellent sources for segmented user traffic. You can run mobile app email campaigns with ESPs for the following:
- To acquire new mobile app users
- To convert existing users to mobile app users
- To engage existing mobile apps users
- AppsFlyer iOS SDK version 4.9.0
- AppsFlyer Android SDK version 4.9.0
When you send an email campaign to leads or existing users, you include a OneLink URL in the body of the email. OneLink offers the following functionality:
- Detecting user device platforms (Android, iOS) and sending them to the relevant app stores.
- Deep linking existing users.
- Providing developers with attribution data to customize content.
To create OneLink URLs:
- Create a OneLink template for the relevant app.
- Set redirections to app stores or landing pages.
- Set deep linking for iOS and Android.
- Once you have a OneLink template, create custom attribution links based on the OneLink template.
Step 1: Creating email campaigns with Mailchimp
Now you have a custom attribution link that you can put in the body of the email. Follow the instructions from Mailchimp to create an email campaign.
In this email, place the custom attribution link behind a call to action button or banner. To help you out, Mailchimp allows you to create emails from email templates. These templates already have structured content with call to action elements built into the theme.
Step 2: Customizing content for users
When you create custom links, you can add parameters to the link. You can use these parameters to determine what campaigns users come from and serve customized content. To do so, the developer of the app can use methods in the AppsFlyer SDK that return conversion data.
See the following:
- Getting conversion data after an install
- Getting conversions data after deep linking the user into the app
Step 3: Testing your email campaigns
Register your device before testing mobile app installs.
After following all the required steps mentioned above, creating the appropriate OneLink URL, and placing it in an email, it's time to test.
To test a Mailchimp campaign:
- Turn off email click tracking on Mailchimp.
- Send yourself the test email.
- Open the email on your mobile device and click on the link.
- If you have the app already installed, the app should be invoked. If the relevant AppsFlyer SDK deep linking APIs are implemented, you should be deep-linked into the relevant content. In addition, a click should appear in AppsFlyer data, attributed to the provided media source and campaign.
- If the app is not installed, you are redirected to the app store relevant to the device. Once you install, the install should appear in the dashboard. The install is attributed to the media source and campaign configured in the OneLink URL.