- What's changing: Ad cost reporting API integration with TikTok for Business
- Where is it changing: Integrated partner integration
- Publication date: January 19, 2020
- Effective date of change: January 20, 2020
- Who is impacted: App owners who currently use Ad Spend Ingestion to record TikTok for Business spend
Before the change
Ad cost incurred by advertisers using TikTok for Business was reported by Ad Spend Ingestion.
After the change
- Ad spend is recorded using the TikTok for Business reporting API.
- Dimensions supported: Campaign, adset, ad, and geo.
- You can no longer use Ad Spend Ingestion with TikTok for Business. Note: This is the case even if you do not enable the API.
- When you activate the TikTok cost API, we try to retroactively get historical cost data for up to seven days before the API activation date.
- If you used Ad Spend Ingestion to report spend during the last seven days, then we'll backfill since the last ad spend date reported by Ingestion. This means there we take care not to record spend in duplicate.
- Using Ad Spend Ingestion, your recorded spend until January 16.
- On January 20, you activate the cost API.
- We'll try to retroactively fill the gap from January 17 until you enable the API.
What you need to do to prepare for the change
Enable the TiTok for Business cost integration in AppsFlyer immediately.
You need your TikTok for Business login credentials to enable the cost API integration.
To enable cost reporting by API:
- In the TikTok for Business integrated partners page, go to the Cost tab.
Enable Get Cost Data.
Click Log in to TikTok for Business.
The TikTok for Business login window opens.
- Complete the following steps if prompted to do so by TikTok for Business:
- Login to TikTok for Business.
- Review and accept the Platform Services Agreement.
- Select Add a new connection.
- Click Add Connection.
TikTok for Business is connected to AppFlyer.
- Click Save Cost.
See What's New in AppsFlyer.