At a glance: Aura by ironSource, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, is a platform that allows advertisers to connect with users when they set up a new device.
Aura integration in AppsFlyer
To configure the partner integration:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- In the list of Integrated partners, search for Aura.
- Click Aura ironSource to open the configuration page.
- Set tabs as needed:
- [Mandatory] Integration: Configure the integration (connection) between Aura and AppsFlyer
- Attribution link: Generate attribution links to be used with ads on Aura
- Cost: Aura ironSource automatically sends encrypted CPI cost data on the attribution link for all installs. No extra configuration is needed
- Ad revenue is not active for this partner
- Permissions: You can configure the aforementioned parameters yourself or, in this tab, give Aura permission to set them and view your data
The following sections explain how to configure each tab.
Connect to Aura by activating and setting parameters in the Integration tab.To configure the integration:
- Enable Activate partner.
- Under General settings enable/disable View-through attribution:
- [Default] Enable: Activate to attribute view-through installs to Aura. The lookback window is configured in the Attribution link tab.
- Disable: View-through installs from the partner are not attributed.
- Default postbacks: AppsFlyer sends the following postbacks to Aura:
- Installs: Postbacks are sent every time a user installs the app. Choose if you want to send postbacks for users attributed to Aura or all users, including organic installs.
- Rejected installs: With Protect360, postbacks are sent when an install is rejected due to fraud. Only users attributed to Aura are reported.
- In-app events settings: To send postbacks, map your in-app event IDs to Aura's in-app IDs. Configure the parameters as follows:
- Enable In-app event postbacks.
- Sending option: Select if you want to send Only events attributed to this partner or Events attributed to any partners, including organic installs.
- Click Add event to add an SDK event to the list. Complete the parameters described in the following table.
SDK event name
Event name received by AppsFlyer from:
Tip: If a needed event isn't on the list, perform a non-organic installation on a device, then check again.
Partner event identifier
Unique event name or ID as defined by Aura.
Choose an event name (from the drop-down list) that most closely matches the event.
[Default] Not enabled: AppsFlyer sends all in-app parameters to Aura, except the revenue parameter (
Enabled: AppsFlyer sends all in-app parameters including, when available, the revenue amount.
Attribution link tab
Generate and save attribution links and send them to the partner for attributing specific campaigns, ad sets, or single ads - both for UA and retargeting campaigns. You can use either a single-platform link or a OneLink. Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters. To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
For the full list of partners supporting cost data go here.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue attribution is not available for this partner.
You can give Aura permission to view information or configure changes in the integration. The type of permission varies according to the business relationship (ad network/ad agency) you have with Aura.
Note! It is possible to give Aura permissions even if there is no active integration with them.
Ad network permissions
To enable ad network permissions:
- Enable Ad network permissions.
- Give Aura team members access to one or more of the following:
- Allow to configure integration: Permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks).
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks: Permit the partner to map in-app event postbacks to itself on the integration tab.
- Allow access to your retention report: Only permit access to the partner's own retention data.
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data: Only permit access to the partner's own loyal user data.
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data: Only permit access to the partner's own in-app events data.
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data: Only permit access to the revenue data attributed to the partner.
- Allow spend ingestion: Permit the partner to upload ad spend data for this app.
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard: Only to the partner's own Protect360 data if the feature is enabled for the advertiser.