At a glance: Aura by ironSource, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, is a platform that allows advertisers to connect with users when they set up a new device.
Aura integration in AppsFlyer
To configure the partner integration:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- In the list of Integrated partners, search for Aura.
- Click Aura ironSource to open the configuration page.
- Set tabs as needed:
- [Mandatory] Integration: Configure the integration (connection) between Aura and AppsFlyer
- Attribution link: Generate attribution links to be used with ads on Aura
- Cost: Aura ironSource automatically sends encrypted CPI cost data on the attribution link for all installs. No extra configuration is needed
- Ad revenue is not active for this partner
- Permissions: You can configure the aforementioned parameters yourself or, in this tab, give Aura permission to set them and view your data
The following sections explain how to configure each tab.
Connect to Aura by activating and setting parameters in the Integration tab.To configure the integration:
- Enable Activate partner.
- Under General settings enable/disable View-through attribution:
- [Default] Enable: Activate to attribute view-through installs to Aura. The lookback window is configured in the Attribution link tab.
- Disable: View-through installs from the partner are not attributed.
- Default postbacks: AppsFlyer sends the following postbacks to Aura:
- Installs: Postbacks are sent every time a user installs the app. Choose if you want to send postbacks for users attributed to Aura or all users, including organic installs.
- Rejected installs: With Protect360, postbacks are sent when an install is rejected due to fraud. Only users attributed to Aura are reported.
- In-app events settings: To send postbacks, map your in-app event IDs to Aura's in-app IDs. Configure the parameters as follows:
- Enable In-app event postbacks.
- Sending option: Select if you want to send Only events attributed to this partner or Events attributed to any partners, including organic installs.
- Click Add event to add an SDK event to the list. Complete the parameters described in the following table.
SDK event name
Event name received by AppsFlyer from:
Tip: If a needed event isn't on the list, perform a non-organic installation on a device, then check again.
Partner event identifier
Unique event name or ID as defined by Aura.
Choose an event name (from the drop-down list) that most closely matches the event.
[Default] Not enabled: AppsFlyer sends all in-app parameters to Aura, except the revenue parameter (
Enabled: AppsFlyer sends all in-app parameters including, when available, the revenue amount.
Attribution link generation
|Attribution link type||Link activation||Lookback window|
A lead clicks on an ad served by Aura
The click-through lookback window is the maximum time from click-to-install.
Aura gets an attribution if a lead clicks and installs an app before the lookback window expires.
|Impression||A lead views an ad (for at least 1 second) served by Aura||
The view-through lookback window is the maximum time from impression-to-install.
Aura gets an attribution if a lead views (impression) an app and then installs before the lookback window expires. This applies if there are no other relevant ad clicks.
Learn more about link structure and parameters.
Typical link parameters
|Campaign||c||Name of the campaign|
|Ad set||af_adset||Name of the adset. Use to differentiate between ad sets within a campaign|
|Ad name||af_ad||Name of a specific ad. Use to differentiate between creatives within an adset|
Publisher ID used to attribute installs to specific publishers.
Recommended practice! If there are many publishers,
|Subscriber parameters||af_sub1 up to af_sub5||
Use to insert values:
To generate attribution links:
- Select a name from the Parameter name drop-down list, then set the parameter value.
- To add more parameters, click Add parameter and repeat the previous step.
- Set the duration of the click-through lookback window.
- Set the duration of the view-through lookback window.
- Copy the click and impression attribution links to use in your Aura campaigns.
Note! AppsFlyer does not save partner links.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
For the full list of partners supporting cost data go here.
Ad revenue attribution is not available for this partner.
You can give Aura permission to view information or configure changes in the integration. The type of permission varies according to the business relationship (ad network/ad agency) you have with Aura.
Note! It is possible to give Aura permissions even if there is no active integration with them.
Ad network permissions
To enable ad network permissions:
- Enable Ad network permissions.
- Give Aura team members access to one or more of the following:
- Allow to configure integration: Permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks).
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks: Permit the partner to map in-app event postbacks to itself on the integration tab.
- Allow access to your retention report: Only permit access to the partner's own retention data.
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data: Only permit access to the partner's own loyal user data.
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data: Only permit access to the partner's own in-app events data.
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data: Only permit access to the revenue data attributed to the partner.
- Allow spend ingestion: Permit the partner to upload ad spend data for this app.
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard: Only to the partner's own Protect360 data if the feature is enabled for the advertiser.