At a glance: Analyze the web and mobile touchpoints users encounter on their path to conversion. Uncover how different media sources, types, channels, platforms, and devices interact and drive users to convert.
Conversion Paths analysis
The Conversion Paths dashboard provides a marketing analysis of the mobile and web touchpoints across channels, platforms, and devices encountered by a user on their path to selected conversion.
Path analysis provides marketers with insight as to how acquisition channels interact along the path, enabling them to make data-driven media mix optimizations.
Marketers can ask questions like:
- What are the top media sources across devices and platforms that drive users to convert?
- How do different acquisition channels/sources interact along the path?
- How long does it take users to convert?
- How many touchpoints/acquisition channels are involved in the path to conversion?
Conversion path view in the dashboard
In the dashboard, marketers using the top converting paths chart, view the paths towards selected conversion events. They can filter the paths using dimensions like path length and path duration. For a given path, marketers can view:
- Touchpoints in the path, including mobile clicks and impressions, as well as direct and non-direct web visits.
- Number of conversions.
- Total Revenue generated.
- Number of unique users.
Conversion Paths principles
To go to PBA dashboards:
- My Apps > View brand bundles.
- Click Actions > People-based analytics.
Conversion paths have a unique media source sequence. In the figure that follows, conversion paths A, B, and C follow a unique series of media sources. The number of sources for each is:
In determining that the conversion path is unique, it doesn't matter if the user touches the same media source multiple times consecutively (X2, X3, etc.), as shown in path C. What matters is the media source sequence.
Conversion paths display once in the dashboard. The KPIs associated with the path contain the aggregate data of conversions following the specific path.
|Path length (touchpoints)||
Path length is calculated as the number of touchpoints. For example, Path C has six touchpoints.
|Path duration (days)||
|Data freshness||PBA daily|
Using the dashboard
- The paths to be analyzed are selected by setting the head filters being the conversion date range and other filter settings as needed. Once set, conversion paths display in the top converting paths table and conversion path charts.
- To analyze and compare paths, set the path filters.
- Use the media display option to switch the display between media source, media type, and media channel.
Top converting paths chart
When enabled, direct web visits are included in the conversion paths.
KPIs associated with the conversion path:
Name of the media source reported
Examples: Earned, paid, owned
Examples: Ad, organic search, referral
Export the conversion paths to a CSV file.
Select the report to be exported:
Conversion Paths charts
Path distribution charts enable you to compare the performance of the different paths grouped by:
- Number of touchpoints
- Conversion duration.
Chart metrics available:
Example: Path duration - days to conversion