- What's changing: Availability of view-through attribution (VTA) KPIs via Pull API aggregate reports
- Where is it changing: Pull API
- Publication date: April 5, 2020
What is view-through attribution
- Installs by a user who viewed a mobile ad but did not click on it. The install is attributed to the ad network serving the ad.
- VTA is particularly common for video ads, which often have low CTRs.
Before the change
- VTA KPIs were available in the Overview dashboard and via Master API.
- They were not available via Pull API.
After the change
- VTA KPIs are available via Pull API in aggregate attribution reports. Availability in the Dashboard and Master API is unchanged.
- To get the VTA, KPIs add the parameter attribution_touch_type=impression to the Pull API URI as detailed in the example.
- Some VTA KPIs, like clicks, impressions, and cost APIs, don't have values associated with them and display the value N/A instead.
Example Pull API URI with attribution_touch_type parameter
See What's New in AppsFlyer.