- What's changing: The date of user-level Ad Revenue data in the platform is the day of the ad display event itself (the day the ad revenue occurs), instead of the day after. Meaning if an ad displays on Monday, the revenue displays under Monday. This gives advertisers a more accurate and actionable understanding of their ad revenue data. This change will be implemented in other report types in the future.
- Where is it changing: In Cohort reports (with data pulled from user-level integrations)
- Publication date: May 7, 2020
- Effective date: May 13, 2020
- Who is impacted: App owners, agencies
Before the change
The date of Ad Revenue data in the platform is the day after the ad display event itself. Meaning if an ad displays on Monday, the revenue displays under Tuesday. The data is available in the platform on Wednesday, after processing.
This means that the ad revenue date is not aligned with actual user engagement. For some verticals, this lack of alignment distorts KPIs significantly.
After the change
The change is dependent on the integration type between the app and the monetization network as follows:
- Aggregate integration: No change for the present. This change notice does not apply at all.
- User-level integration:
- This change affects user-level ad revenue available via Cohort reports including Cohort API. For the present, no other reporting tools are impacted.
- The date of Ad Revenue data in the platform is the day of the ad display event itself. Meaning if an ad displays on Monday, the revenue displays under Monday. The data is available in Cohort reports from Wednesday after processing.
- There is no change to historical data recorded before the effective date.
- The revenue on the effective date includes two days' revenue, meaning the revenue of the effective date and the previous day’s revenue. Depending on the Cohort reporting scenario you may discern a revenue spike on this day.
See the example that follows.
In the future we plan to:
- Implement this change in additional reports and dashboards